are this good shamo?

kleber

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 12, 2011
monterey area
I'm trying to buy some shamos and i would like to know from ppl who know good shamo. please if you can tell me if this are good or should i look somewhere else. Thanks

IMAG0047.jpg

Those are better than the Shamos you'd get at a hatchery, theyre closer to show standard. I'd say theyre pretty good. I got a shamo from Ideal hatchery, and she's really sweet and pretty, but she doesnt stand up like those guys do.

Theyre just cool, you know? I think they used to be used for fighting. I like them because theyre neat looking, and have awesome personalities. Theyre really not your average chicken.

Edit* And of course they lay eggs and you can eat them/show them. They make really protective mothers.

Last edited:
Those Shamos are better than hatchery quality, but I don't believe they'd win any ribbons if a lot of other Shamos were at the show. They'd be good starting stock if you wanted to work on shaping up a good line.

Shamos are indeed fighting birds, and are prized for their upright stance and large breast. These features would ensure that the other fighting bird would strike at the thick muscled chest, instead of the bird's vulnerable face and eyes. Additionally, the wattles and such are extremely small or non-existant in order to avoid tearing and bleed-out during fighting.

*please note that I am not condoning or supporting bird fighting. I consider it abhorrent personally. Just explaining the reasoning behind the breed's unusual look.

There nice looking shamo.s I have a verry strong aggressiv shamo cockreal as my garden pet lol love the attitudes and stance of them

Back
Top Bottom