Are two-toned eggs normal?

Vestea

In the Brooder
Apr 18, 2023
I have a chicken laying some strange looking eggs. They are fresh, but look like they're ancient. Sometimes they have dark areas and sometimes they are green and blue. When I crack the egg it looks and smells fine. 20231223_155101.jpg 20231223_155047.jpg 20231223_155051.jpg

I'm not sure which chicken is laying them (I have 64 now. Dang chicken math!), but I'm wondering if it could just be a hybrid thing. I do have several hybrids. Does anyone else see this happening in their flock?

Is it from a new layer? That's a very common thing to see on a pullet's eggs, especially when they're just starting to lay. Their system is still getting everything all tuned up.

Is it from a new layer? That's a very common thing to see on a pullet's eggs, especially when they're just starting to lay. Their system is still getting everything all tuned up.
The chickens in that coop are all 8 months old so still in her first year. Not sure if that's considered new.

The chickens in that coop are all 8 months old so still in her first year. Not sure if that's considered new.
Yes, that's pretty new. I've seen that kind of thing in my hens every now and then. The color is laid on over the shell, so unevenness is pretty common. The bird's "spray booth" is laying down color unevenly.

She lays very wild looki
Yes, that's pretty new. I've seen that kind of thing in my hens every now and then. The color is laid on over the shell, so unevenness is pretty common. The bird's "spray booth" is laying down color unevenly.
🤣😂😅 I absolutely love that answer!!

And thanks a ton! It had me so confused.

Back
Top Bottom