Are we boys or girls? Muscovy*PIC heavy update post 1 & older post 12

Quote:
They all do at one time or another.
barnie.gif
I know.
I have the option of trading them in a few weeks but don't know if I want to deal with day olds.
he.gif

My biggest problem is I like the color of the two I think for sure are male which means I'll need to decide who to keep. I'm also
fl.gif
that the 3 week old I have inside is a girl. I am willing her into a sex change if need be.
lol.png
So far, her legs look long.

Well if you get one girl, you'll be doing better than me! I was offered the opportunity to trade in one of my boys too (for a chocolate ripple hen). Only, I've found out that I'm allergic to duck eggs so I'm not sure if I want to bother with girls. My Nacho is a blue pied with great markings and is going back on loan to the breeder in the spring. He is the only blue duck to be hatched and the breeder sold his dad thinking he wasn't ever going to get blue offspring. He said I get "pick of the litter" from the breeding.

Quote:
Well thats too bad that you are allergic. But do you want to breed or are they just pets? It still might be easier with a pair, you could give away or sell the eggs.
I think pick of litter would be very difficult with ducklings. Hmm, which cute little fuzzy baby do I want and which will turn into the sex that I want?

Well, he's going to vent sex them for me. He did the first time too but there was a mix up with the ducklings. I think the next time he needs to mark them.
lol.png
I got them for eggs (before I knew I was allergic) and pest control. I'm not sure if I want to hatch ducklings. Then I have to worry about getting them sold. I have til spring to figure it out I guess.

Very pretty! My youngest daughter - the one responsible for our large Muscovy flock - agrees with your guesses. Our females tend to be much more petite than the males, so if #4 is the smallest , then yes, a female.

Quote:

I keep looking but I think the thing that is throwing off our guesses is that while they are close in age, they aren't all from the same hatch. Even a week's difference is huge because they grow so fast. I'll look again but I doubt I'll be of any help.

Back
Top Bottom