Are we boys or girls? Muscovy*PIC heavy update post 1 & older post 12

Here are some updated pics of my Muscovy. Okay, I am almost positive that 2 are boys. Shorter fatter legs. One I am almost positive is a girl, thinner longer legs. Two I'm not sure about. They are about 6 weeks now. What do you think?

#1 Male
43796_duck_legs_001.jpg

#2 Male
43796_duck_legs_002.jpg

#3 The one on the left, I think female. Also 1 leg of #4 on the right
43796_duck_legs_004.jpg

#4 Not sure, female? This one is smallest of all 5
43796_duck_legs_003.jpg

#5 Female, thinnest legs of all
43796_duck_legs_005.jpg

#1 is largest, 2 is next, 3 & 5 are next in size and #4 is smallest.
Two of them look almost identical so I hope #3 and #5 are actually not the same one.
roll.png

Here are some pics from above. (It would be so much more helpful if they would stay still)
From left to right above pic #5, 2, 4, 3, 1
43796_scovy_top_001.jpg

Left to right 5, 4, 2, 1, 3
43796_scovy_top_002.jpg

# 2 and 4
43796_scovy_top_003.jpg

Any guesses would be appreciated. I did email the woman I bought them from and she is willing to take any back that I don't want to keep. She will have more ducklings hatching in 3 weeks.

Last edited:
I have always looked at their feet. If they are born about the same time, the boys feet will be much bigger than the girls. By 4 weeks you can usually tell. But, as they grow the girls will be smaller all over than the boys. The blue is definitely a boy, but can't tell with the others. Good luck!

I have a beagle that since we first got our first baby ducks has been fascinated by them. She will sit for hours and just watch them. We got 20 babies the first time that were a week old and she was fascinated all summer. Once they get feathers, she isn't as interested, but until then they provide many hours of entertainment for her.

Sylvia

Back
Top Bottom