Are we Call Ducks? **Updated Pics!!

Quote:
The white bibs come from a different gene to the gene that causes a bird to be white all over (recessive white)
smile.png
These ducks may be carrying recessive white, but they are not showing it.

Im no expert on breeds and colors but they are beautiful! They look like my little black swedish! They are precious!
Henry (female unexpectedly!) is the one to the right...here about 6 weeks
94367_20110531124123.jpg

Here she is at about 18 weeks!
94367_the_addition_and_ducks_and_rinbows_035.jpg

Quote:
Now that is what we had in mind for Pastel Call Ducks, but from the description above we are close with what we have? I am confused....

They are beautiful and I hope you aren't mad at them that they aren't pastel. They sure are sweet looking.

Quote:
Now that is what we had in mind for Pastel Call Ducks, but from the description above we are close with what we have? I am confused....

They are beautiful and I hope you aren't mad at them that they aren't pastel. They sure are sweet looking.

I wouldnt say 'mad', but 'annoyed' I went way out of my way to get them as they were supposed to be Pastel. It was a 1+ hour drive one way, and we really would have preferred adult ducks. Now we have had ducklings in the house for the last 5+ weeks, which was a mess we would have rather avoided...

Oh well I guess... Hopefully next time it will work out in my favor...

Quote:
Unfortunately, no, you are not close with what you have (as far as colour goes). I'm sorry to say that if you really want pastel calls then don't breed from these little guys but try again with another breeder. In the meantime, learn as much as you can about where the pastel colouring comes from (ie. which pattern of genes causes it) so you know what to look for in the breeding flock.

All the best with your search. It must be quite disappointing to not have the birds you were really after. But it's all a valuable learning curve I guess....

Back
Top Bottom