Are We Crazy?

I too enjoy just hanging out with the chickens, it is very therapeutic, so for me it's more like "anti-crazy".
smile.png

Robin

Yep, Im Crazy as well. I find it very relaxing to sit out there with the girls and watch them carry on. Before I know it, the wife is out there with our dogs and the goats are all there as well waiting for the next funny thing they do. If you havent tried it yet, give them some grapes as a treat. What they do with those things will make you laugh your tush off.
gig.gif

Quote:
They do play a number of amusing hunting & rolling games with grapes. The funniest thing I've seen with a grape was where I put one near my broody OEGB in her nest box after dividing the rest among the others in the coop. She tucked it under her immediately without tasting it, and my Ameraucana dove under her to eat it, getting pecked at all the while. She succeeded in extracting the grape from under the broody, and the two have been on bad terms since .
gig.gif

I have names for everyone over 3 months old & some of the chicks. Sometimes I'm gone outside an hour when I just mean to check their feed & water, they're just too amusing to leave!

Well guess I'm crazy too the. I love my girls. Their always happy to see me, never talks back to me and will always let me hang out with them, even on the days I don't get dressed up and stay in my jammies. lol
love.gif

I guess I am Crazy too!!! I love spending time with my chickens, this is my first time having chickens, the girls are 19 weeks now, I must admit I do spend alot of time with them, more than I ever thought I would. I feel relaxed when I am watching them, they always make me smile. So for anyone who calls us chicken lovers CRAZY for loving our chickens, those people truly don't know what they are missing out on.
D.gif

I have over 50 chickens, each one named and known as an individual. People ask me how I can tell them apart. My answer? The same way I tell people apart! lol They're each unique. While I do have an egg business, the girls are my pets. They're beautiful birds, lovingly tended. I sit outside and watch them, talk to them, pet them, and it brings me peace. I feel a bit sorry for people who can't understand that.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom