Are we open to Criticism in BYC?

Nevermind
Ninja Cmt GIF by Redneck Island

As i canadian i can agree we can waste a lot of food. How ever i do not blame the people at swiss chalet that food is not my favorite either. Ate there once. Never again.

Also i agree alot with food bias. I grew up in a hunting family. I like a lot of different meats.

Once was talking to someone who came here from africa thought it was super weird that i hunt black bears and eat them. He always thought they where majestic and rare. Long story short there not rare and we have to many here in saskatchewan.

I would love to get all the extras they throw out to feed my birds lol because kids are wasteful i remember when i was in school a kid took a bite of a chicken leg and threw the rest out like ...urg!!
Speaking of…. I was at Big Lots one day. There was a grocery cart up front full to the brim with potato chip bags. An employee was at the register. When I checked out, I asked what was the cart for. They said they are preparing to dispose of the chips. I asked why. Outdated, so the bags are going to be stabbed with holes & tossed.

Granted, its chips that have no nutritional value, but still….. how wasteful is our society.

Also i agree alot with food bias. I grew up in a hunting family. I like a lot of different meats.
Veggies are another thing we have biases about. Most people it's potatoes, carrots, peas. There are so many delicious veggies out there, but since we didn't grow up eating them we refuse to try them.

I would tell my niece, and later my kids, that they should not say YUCK to any food. It was alright to say they didn't like it, but others did so the particular food should not be disparaged. I am proud to say that all three of them are willing to try new foods at least once.

Once was talking to someone who came here from africa thought it was super weird that i hunt black bears and eat them. He always thought they where majestic and rare. Long story short there not rare and we have to many here in saskatchewan.

Ontario too! My daughter didn't have her bee hive up a week before it got destroyed, twice, by a black bear! I'd love to try bear meat.

Not just wasteful, but think about what it means that we ruin good potatoes (that are a near perfect food) to make junk food in such quantities that it needs to be thrown out.

Welcome to the world of mass-produced food!
So much waste because we inherently know its not good for us to eat.

Since big Ag and big pharma are in bed together, one makes us sick while the other provides the “cure”.
This evil union will not continue in the future, thank God!

I think people *believe* they're open to criticism but then when it happens--ah, not so much.

I'm not a big meat eater. The texture, the taste...yuck! It needs to be heavily seasoned for me to remotely like it (like in tacos).

Sometimes I cannot even do chicken--like chicken wings--sure they're smothered in Frank's, but the tendons and cartilage--no, just no!

All of my food waste goes to my chickens or the compost pile. So there really is no waste.

The US should develop a better system for food (and general) waste. Recycling needs to be better. There needs to be more options especially in rural, economically depressed areas.

...There needs to be more options especially in rural, economically depressed areas.
More options for what?

I currently live in a rural, economically depressed area, having moved here from the opposite (both urban and not economically depressed). I've found it much easier to find real food here and much easier to minimize waste.

More options for what?

I currently live in a rural, economically depressed area, having moved here from the opposite (both urban and not economically depressed). I've found it much easier to find real food here and much easier to minimize waste.
Paper, cardboard, plastic, glass and metals--these can be recycled/reused/repurposed. Finding a facility to do that is very difficult.

I wasn't speaking of 'real' food.

Back
Top Bottom