Are YOU "ALLOWED" to shoot fox that is after your chickens??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Not Bird of Prey, they are protect by federal law, no matter what your state say

No offense, you can kill any animal or bird that endangers your life or safety. If a bird of prey is on a dive toward your general direction they are fair game.

Quote:
Not Bird of Prey, they are protect by federal law, no matter what your state say

No offense, you can kill any animal or bird that endangers your life or safety. If a bird of prey is on a dive toward your general direction they are fair game.

I would take great caution with that attitude.... If you kill a federally protected animal and use the defense that it was going to kill you? Im sorry but that is rather improbable. Only time a bird of prey would attack a human would possibly be in defense of its nest or young, and they are also federally protected and you would have not business being that close to them in the first place. Birds will swoop and harass people too close but the likelyhood of any severe injury is pretty small.

"its coming right for me!' Has proven repeatedly to not be an adequate defense, and should not be counted on in. and if simply removing yourself from the area returns your person to safety, any officer or court is going to look at that fact, and act accordingly. We can be held responsible for our actions, and endangering protected animals is just as fine-able a situation, as actually killing or injuring one.

Quote:

I would take great caution with that attitude.... If you kill a federally protected animal and use the defense that it was going to kill you? Im sorry but that is rather improbable. Only time a bird of prey would attack a human would possibly be in defense of its nest or young, and they are also federally protected and you would have not business being that close to them in the first place. Birds will swoop and harass people too close but the likelyhood of any severe injury is pretty small.

"its coming right for me!' Has proven repeatedly to not be an adequate defense, and should not be counted on in. and if simply removing yourself from the area returns your person to safety, any officer or court is going to look at that fact, and act accordingly. We can be held responsible for our actions, and endangering protected animals is just as fine-able a situation, as actually killing or injuring one.

People have suffered severe head wounds from birds of prey and it is legitimate defense. You do not have to be in fear for your life only personal injury. I have dealt with two cases. One my MIL was attacked for no reasons and scalped to the bone. Second a friend shot a charging bear while with his son was arrested but all charges were dropped and a apology. And the wildlife offier was either fired or reassigned.

BTW my first job was as a conservation officer.
wink.png

I would, I have and I will in the future shoot any fox I see.. and that goes for your darned dog, too..

and any thing else that looks threatening.. hmmmm ,,you look sort of shifty,,,,,,,,,,,
idunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom