Are you left handed?

Are you left handed?

• Total voters
To all the lefties who have been complaining about difficulties you or your relative have with writing on notebooks compare to righties.

I have noticed in Canada and USA the majority of lefties I have encountered hold the pen wrongly in their hands and I mean painfully wrong.
Not that righties are all perfect pen holders of the world here also but the righties are much better than lefties in holding pen correctly.

In my generation in Iran (born 1968) it was a huge part of education in my primary school to hold the pen correctly . Why? Because if you do not , it creates problems including early fatigue of fingers, muscle ache, slower writing speed, painful pen or pencil, blisters or callus on fingers and even problems that notebooks suddenly seems designed for Righties( which in not true ). Notebooks are neutral last time I checked.

So LEFTIES, are you sure the problem is not in holding pen that needed to be addressed the first days of school (system failure) and never been fixed or you are sure that notebooks are designed for Righties. I am confused and need some clarifications from you Lefties .
Mine is both :oops:😅
I know I hold pens/pencils incorrectly, but notebooks are super uncomfortable because of the binding…

Mine is both :oops:😅
I know I hold pens/pencils incorrectly, but notebooks are super uncomfortable because of the binding…
Please , for universe sake. All I am trying to tell you lefties is that notebooks are not super uncomfortable for you only because you are lefty. They are uncomfortable mostly because you hold the pen twisted and not right.

Ps: my hair is graying just because of this thread.

But thank you for admitting at least 50 percent of the guilt. You are the first.

Please , for universe sake. All I am trying to tell you lefties is that notebooks are not super uncomfortable for you only because you are lefty. They are uncomfortable mostly because you hold the pen twisted and not right.

But thank you for admitting at least 50 percent of the guilt. You are the first.
Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Yeah, we're wrong because we don't do it YOUR way. Sure...

Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Yeah, we're wrong because we don't do it YOUR way. Sure...
Yes, You got it right. In this matter it is my way or highway. :D

Persian and Arabic write from right to left of the line and they start a book or Magazine from where English end it.
To this day when I pick up a magazine randomly I start from the end only to stare at the end and be embarrassed.

It has everything to do with the metal binding. That rubs against your arm when you try to write, has nothing to do with how the pen is held

I hold my hand as a right-handed person would, and push across the paper instead of pulling. I know I've seen some southpaws that do wierd contortionist things to get their hand out of the way, but no thanks. I only change the orientation of notebooks or skecthbooks for comfort of use. That metal coil under your wrist is uncomfortable when you're writing/drawing/etc for longer time periods. This isn't a problem for righties, because it's bound on the left side and does not interfere with their writing.

Granted. I'm also not complaining about it either. Adapt and excel. I've never let any of my many flaws slow me down. :)
How about you post a pic of a lefty holding a pen in what you believe to be the "correct" way?

Back
Top Bottom