Are you left handed?

Are you left handed?

• Total voters
How about you post a pic of a lefty holding a pen in what you believe to be the "correct" way?
That's the thing. I have no "belief". I don't care how other people hold their pens. I'm not the one judging others here. Why on earth would I waste time defending something that doesn't matter?

And sometimes the paper. Printer paper and notebook paper (think slick and shiny) are the worst. And forget underlining in the bible, that's a messy mistake🤣
I looooove using natural paper. The stuff that has some texture and softness to it is impossible to smudge on. Elephant poop paper has been the best so far.

I make my own paper, but I just keepnit stored away. I never even use it.
I have packaged it real pretty and gave some assorted stacks away as gifts.
I LOOOOVE it also..
It is so fun to make, I like to incorporate the different wildflowers from our property each season. I have tried to incorporate essential oil fragrance into it. I can never get the ratio correct.
Its either WAY too fragrant or stinks.
I stopped trying to make it smell good.
I smear the snot out of pretty much all ball point pens. The ink isn't as fast drying on them so they don't gum up the roller. I have the additional challenge of being a "pusher" when I write, so I tend to jam all ball points in seconds. No problems with fountain pens and Lamy brand ink, or with artist-style felt tips (like Molotow blackliners, for example)

Love Molos

To all the lefties who have been complaining about difficulties you or your relative have with writing on notebooks compare to righties.

I have noticed in Canada and USA the majority of lefties I have encountered hold the pen wrongly in their hands and I mean painfully wrong.
Not that righties are all perfect pen holders of the world here also but the righties are much better than lefties in holding pen correctly.

In my generation in Iran (born 1968) it was a huge part of education in my primary school to hold the pen correctly . Why? Because if you do not , it creates problems including early fatigue of fingers, muscle ache, slower writing speed, painful pen or pencil, blisters or callus on fingers and even problems that notebooks suddenly seems designed for Righties( which in not true ). Notebooks are neutral last time I checked.

So LEFTIES, are you sure the problem is not in holding pen that needed to be addressed the first days of school (system failure) and never been fixed or you are sure that notebooks are designed for Righties. I am confused and need some clarifications from you Lefties .
I meant to ask you, not AZ, to post a pic of your idea of the "correct" way lefties should hold a pen when writing. And for clarity, show them writing on a notebook with spiral binding. I've seen lefties trying to write on a spiral notebook, and the contortions they go through, it appears to me, is to avoid the discomfort of writing with their arm on the metal spiral. If you have a solution, I'd like to see it.

When you get down to basics, the hand you write with well. We can all run down a list of stuff we can do with one hand or the other. Now, pat yourself on the back with the hand you can reach the middle of your back with.
I used-ta could with both hands. I could "shake hands" with myself across the middle of my back, one arm up, one down. I could put both palms flat on the floor without bending my knees, too! Lol. Not lately, though.

I meant to ask you, not AZ, to post a pic of your idea of the "correct" way lefties should hold a pen when writing. And for clarity, show them writing on a notebook with spiral binding. I've seen lefties trying to write on a spiral notebook, and the contortions they go through, it appears to me, is to avoid the discomfort of writing with their arm on the metal spiral. If you have a solution, I'd like to see it.
I think this video has some good advice for lefties and how to avoid the common problems lefties experience:

I see. So a lefty can write just like a RH person, provided they use adaptive equipment. A writing tablet bound at the top, rather than at the side, and ergo pens. Interesting.
To be fair, the little pen grip doohickies are really comfortable, inexpensive and universal. They're good for left/right writers and they do help relieve finger strain and get those digits in the right spot. A couple bucks isn't a big spend for those. Turning the page is a useful tip, I think we all figure that out eventually too. Didn't see anything else in this video that was an earth-shattering revelation though.

We've tried a nuumber of the "lefty" ergo pens and pencils, they're pretty much universally garbage. My son prefers a black .05mm fineliner and a grip, and I like my fat Lamy fountain pens and purple ink.

Back
Top Bottom