Are Your Hens Setting On Eggs Yet? 2012 POULT FORECAST

Well my rp hen has laid 8 so far. 3 went to check for bullseye and 5 are waiting for the bator. What time of day does everyones hens normally lay? "Sugar" lays either after I go to bed or before 7 am in the morning, either way it's dark out side.

It's 5 degrees out, looks like winter might finally be here.  I don't need them to start sitting on eggs yet!  I have poult envy though... where is the pic?  :pop

Here is a pic of my lone poult. I'm working with it and trying to teach it to eat and drink. I think it's eating but not sure about drinking. The water looks like it's doing down but I'm not sure. I'm crossing my fingers everything works out.

Last edited:
What a cute little fuzzie! Do you make it stand in the corner when it doesn't eat/drink right? That last pic looks like you put it in time out :D

I envy you, but don't want any yet or they would be in the house for months.

What a cute little fuzzie!  Do you make it stand in the corner when it doesn't eat/drink right?  That last pic looks like you put it in time out :D 

I envy you, but don't want any yet or they would be in the house for months.     

Thank you.

My baby is a little shy. That's why he was in the corner. He loves being out of the brooder and walking all over me when I'm laying in bed. He tries to sleep under my arm pit. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

One of my broody hens hatched this little boy. My turkey girls are laying but only 1 of them is broody. The others don't care. So I'm slipping eggs under the broody hens.

So you aren't going to let the broody raise it? I had one hatch out a peachick for me, it was really funny to watch the two together. Baby would try to display and momma chicken would look at it like 'What is WRONG with you?'

It's been so long since I had any BR poults I had to look up a picture to see if they are always that light colored. Thank you for posting the picture!

So you aren't going to let the broody raise it?  I had one hatch out a peachick for me, it was really funny to watch the two together.  Baby would try to display and momma chicken would look at it like 'What is WRONG with you?' 

It's been so long since I had any BR poults I had to look up a picture to see if they are always that light colored.  Thank you for posting the picture! 

No, I won't let the broody raise the poult and the reason is because it's a staggered hatch. :barnie As they are hatch, I will be taking them away from the broody hen. I really hate to do that but I'm afraid if she sees that she has babies, she will stop setting on the other eggs and then the eggs will die. I don't own an incubator,so I am not able to complete the incubation in a brooder.

I have 10 white midget poults so far and more eggs to go. I don't let the hens raise them anymore as they take the into the woods and they all get ate.

3 more poults have hatched. A chicken hatched these and I want to leave the poults with the chicken but still not sure. The chicken moms are usually good moms to the poutls.

I have 10 white midget poults so far and more eggs to go. I don't let the hens raise them anymore as they take the into the woods and they all get ate.

Are you going to be selling any of your MW eggs. I just lost my MW tom and my two hens were just lost without him. Couldn't find another around here so had to buy a Narragansett tom and have eggs in the incubator by him, but really want to raise another tom would love to buy some hatching eggs if you have any for sale or will trade for any of my chicken hatching eggs. I sure do love my Midget Whites.

One of my Bourbon Red girls hatched out 11 poults 5 days ago (She started with about 18 or so eggs). They are safe and warm in my kitchen, where predators won't get them. She is moping in the yard and the other jennie's are picking on her. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get the other jennie's to accept her back???? She is their sister. The jakes already accepted her back... of course, but those other 5 girls run a tight clique. One of the other jennies has started a clutch on my back portch and is up to about 6 eggs so far now too.

Back
Top Bottom