Aren't they too young?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Moriah, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Moriah

Moriah Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2008
    Springfield Colorado
    If this is the wrong forum, please let me know!

I have some 12 week old EE hens and roos. I know for sure one of the hens, and possibly others have pooped a few times and it looked like egg whites mixed with the poo and urates, no blood or anything, but when I wiped it up off the tote she did it on, the consistency was very much like egg white and didn't smell much, but aren't they too young? Ive seen only two other spots like this but don't know who did it.

What do you guys think?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I know that everything they excrete comes from the same opening, poop, urine (it's combined by the way) and the eggs. I also know that at different times of the day, they excrete different things. It can be white in the morning and green at night. And sometimes it does have the consistency of egg whites. You are correct, they are far too young to even consider laying an egg. When we clean the coop, we have a varierty in poo color. Hope this helps. If someone has more to add, or I'm wrong, let me know! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by