Arggg! Why do I have to be....

I have one teen DD that is 5'7" and an older one that is 5'1" I think that they are both perfect dont worry about being tall, at least you are getting the fresh air LOL.

Ignore those kids. I'm short but one of my friends since 1st grade hit 6 feet tall in 7th/8th grade (14 or so). She towered over many guys then, but got all the guy's attention in highschooL. Luckily she was able to stave them off. LOL

I was 5-7 in the 6th grade. It sucked.

How's the weather up there?
Can you see my house from there?

I stopped wearing red due to the "towering inferno" jokes.
The only boy in the school tall enough to look me in the eye was a dweeb. (small school - 160 kids grades 1-8)

Wait a few years - the boys will catch up.

And as for thumbelina Lisa - teasing is how the unintelligent display jealousy.

Just tell her you understand that she is jealous because she is so short. Saying it sincerely will really peeve her, but you won't be out of line. She is just jealous. You will appreciate your height when you get older.

I can relate, not only was I tall at a young age like you, but I looked a lot older and other kids (and even other parents and visitors to the school) would say and do really cruel things towards me because I looked like an adult who was in middle school. I also had problems with adult men, too. I also had problems with getting child discounts (like those for kids under 12 or 14) and often had to give in because, according to them, there was no way on earth that I was only 11, which I was.

But, it gets better in high school when everyone else begins to catch up.

Honestly I really don't think the solution is being meaner than they are being to you, or coming up with some equally snotty remark. That's not right.

"Just tell her you understand that she is jealous because she is so short."

If you can be cool tall, she can be cool short, too. The answer isn't to be as mean or meaner.

Say nothing, walk away. The more you get involved and start talking back, the more it goes on.

Last edited:
How to get respect...... carry a stick that's taller than you!
lau.gif
just kidding Remember....."Sticks & Stones"

By the way, my last name is Stone, so I AM allowed to break bones.
lau.gif
gig.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Ugh yeah!!
Or elbows in the face in crowds......

I second the farting idea LOL you can always claim it was an "accident" and excuse yourself to the bathroom or elsewhere
lol.png

Otherwise I'd ignore her. There's really nothing you can do to make her stop, talking with her will only make it worse. If this was at school there should have been disciplinary action for spitting in your face though. Outside of school I honestly would have decked her, but that has consequences (I should know) so I'm NOT suggesting you escalate the situation.
Do what you need to do FOR YOURSELF, and don't worry about her.

Jealousy is sooooooo ugly. So she is short and ugly!
tongue2.gif
Concentrate on your goals for the future and ignore her. You just go girl!
hugs.gif

Jeese I think being tall is the best thing in the world!Embrace it!Now you can reach in the high cabinets without a chair,Now you dont have to look up at people,Now you arnt intimadated,Now you can see over people at the movies,Now im to tired to keep going on but you get the idea,its not your fault being tall and I think it has alot more positives than negatives.

Back
Top Bottom