Arggg! Why do I have to be....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bantimna, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    ...tall!?!
    I've been teased often about my length ever since 5th Grade, people calling me "the giant" or "the bonnie giant" (I'm 5'7 and still growing), and it's making me sick. I'm a senior for my age group (sorry can't let my age be known) and many of my friends are about 12 inches to a foot shorter than me, it hurts sometimes to be different...Let me tell you the story..

There's this girl (lets call her Lisa) "Lisa" which is a lot shorter than I am..but she picks on me alot!
    Calling me all kinds of names and testing my patience too often...any how she, said to be that I was always going to be unusual for the rest of my life...and I wouldn't be normal..ending it with spitting in my face. And other kinds of comments that are hurtful.

Anyone got an idea 'bout this shawty bullie?

2. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Thats so unfair! Your height is not something you choose!

3. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Being adult and only 5' I am at the other end of this.

All of the models and many actresses are close to 6 foot. don't worry about it, the only thing you are too tall for is (professional) gymnastics.

Get some confidence, if you are not doing a physical after school activity consider Karate or self defense.

these will strengthen your frame and your resolve and IF anything happens or you need to show off a board breaking demonstration (with boards on blocks) works really well and off school grounds isn't spendable...

The UNSAID threat is if you can break boards you can break her but are too good a person to do that.

4. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    You tell her that everyones defnition of "normal" is different and maybe she is the abnormal one! Trust me - you will go ahead in life and she will remain a small minded and unhappy girl- Try not to let it bother you ok?

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Sounds like shorty is a bit jealous. Ignore her. Tall people get noticed and that is not a bad thing when you are an adult. As a shorty, I hate going to see a movie and have to sit on my feet to see the screen. How ironic if she would suddenly grow taller than you!

6. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Quote:X2

That's what I thought, jealous.

7. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Being short its hard to be crotch height to the really really tall people (6'6"+)

[​IMG]

You could always try to learn to fart on command...

8. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    There are some bullies who are 'idiopathic'(I do love that word - 'idiopathic' means something that happens for no reason). But most are just repeating the bullying they get, either at school or at home. Usually they are pitiful, angry people who get nowhere.

In school, they often get 'followers'. Those are people who would do anything if someone else was doing it. They are sometimes, even sadder and more pitiful than the bully. If you ask them, 'If everyone else was jumping off a cliff, would you do it?', they will say, 'Duhhhh....YES!'

When you are surrounded by a little more mature, grown-up type people, you'll find that most people think a tall woman is BEAUTIFUL. Striking, gorgeous, unique, and BEAUTIFUL. There is something just fantastic about a tall, well dressed woman that normal people thinks looks fantastic.

I have a friend who's rather tall, and she picks beautiful things to wear to complement her lines, and when we walk into a party, men bite their hands and try to not say anything too 'fifties-ish'. One comment I heard was 'Look...there IS a God'(meaning only God could create something so beautiful). What her figure does with the simplest outfit is incredible. I put the same thing on, I look like Frodo Baggins' wife.

Think of the hair styles and the clothing you can wear. You can look great in styles others just dream about. Too, you can DO things others just dream about in sports. You can cover the tennis court in two jumps, you can hit a golf ball and make it fly a mile(arms leg and back length all help), you can ride the tallest horse. You've got wings, kid.

As for the bully, walk away. Just put your head up, chin up, and just walk away. You know that what they say, that is not who you are.

From a 'Shortie', who thinks everyone has their own unique kind of 'beautiful'. Oh - and until I was 12, I was the tallest girl in school. So believe it or not, I do know how it feels.

Stand up straight, and be proud of who you are, and don't ever, EVER let anyone, make you think any different. God made you, and God does not make mistakes.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  9. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I'm 5'11". I was 5'10" in 5th grade...don't worry! One day you'll be proud of being tall! I went through the bullying as well and realized, years later, that they picked on me because I was different and they were JEALOUS of that!

Whereas everyone was 5'5" or shorter, they blended in...I stood out. It doesn't matter how nice you try to be to these people, they will always find something to make fun of on you. If spitting is happening, you need to notify someone, it's only going to escalate without intervention I'm afraid.

I would say "ignore them" but I remember how it felt when it happened to me and sometimes talking with the school counselor will get it off of your chest and allow you to sleep and become a bit more comfortable in your own skin.

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Most of her baloney I would have ignored. For spitting in my face, I would have popped her one big time. (Actually it would have had to be a guy for me to smack since I am a man.) My wife is 5'8" tall. That's about an inch+ taller than me. I think she is gorgeous, but she too had self image problems as a girl. She walks very upright and proudly. She doesn't notice, but I see heads turn as she goes by. In time you will grow to be happy and proud of yourself just as you are. Kids can be rotten, but we don't stay as kids forever. Trust me, this is only temporary. From the man who has grown to embrace the fact that he does not want to be "normal."

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by