Arizona Area

LMRoosters

Hatching
Jul 28, 2016
Arizona
Hi I'm moving to Pinal County Arizona and. Wanted to know about how many Roosters and Chickens I can have in my back yard and if anyone has had any problems I really want to have at least 15-20

Pinal is weird, depending on what part you are moving to.

County vs city vs city with HOA are infinitely different because of the diversity of people. Research it before you go.

I've seen houses with actual farms (chickens, goats, turkeys, cows, etc..) and no restrictions, literally across the street from communities that won't let you remodel the inside of your house without approval.

Again, research. And good luck.

I'm in Maricopa county

but they have little to do with what i can and can not do when it comes to chickens-- unless you live on county lands..

if you are in a city .. then city laws.. and if you are in a community with HOA then HOA laws will be

so pretty much HOA CC&R is the supreme law of the area you are living in..

if there's no HOA then City laws..

for my area.. for my lot size i can have up to 5 hens.. no rooster

most cities around here will not allow roosters

the # of chickens you can have will depend on your lot size...

i think 50 hens for 1 ACRE in some area?..

personally 5 chickens are plenty for me..
roll.png

Hi I'm moving to Pinal County Arizona and. Wanted to know about how many Roosters and Chickens I can have in my back yard and if anyone has had any problems I really want to have at least 15-20

It all depends on what part of Pinal County that you are moving to. I do live in Pinal County, but I live rural outside of the city of Maricopa on 3 1/2 acres. My next door neighbor who also lives on the same amount of acreage has more chickens than I do right now. They have 28 hens and a roo. I presently have 9 in my flock, but planning to hatch out more, soon. By the way, my neighbor on the other side of me has their house up for sale, and they have chickens, too.

Back
Top Bottom