Arizona Chickens

Critter, these are nice pics!

I noticed yesterday that one of my newly hatched chicks was much smaller than the rest and not doing so well. I fed it some nutridrench and it perked up over night. I hate to say it but I think this is my first chick that could not figure out the nipple watering system. I think it was dehidrated and had not gotten any water since the hatch
hide.gif
. I added a regular water dish with marbles and will start occupational therapy tomorrow to teach it how to drink from nipples.

Critter, I forgot, what kind of chick is that? The egg was an interesting color. I don't know much at all about the ethnobotany of herbs, but I find it fascinating.

ca, I was thinking about 5pinkarrows the other day and a lot of other missing members too. I got a bit sad when I was searching web sites for growing fruit trees in Arizona and ran into an old post on another web site by cap1717. She was a member here that had to give up her chickens and hasn't been back. She knew a lot about gardening too.

Quote:
Maybe she is on the "easygarden.com" sisterpage? I sometimes go to "backyardherds.com". NoSkiveez has been there as well.

Quote:
Now how stinkin' cute is Peaches?!
love.gif
I have to say, the pic of the mom looking through the window was just heartbreaking.
hit.gif
What a great story, thanks for sharing that with us!

Quote:
Now how stinkin' cute is Peaches?!
love.gif
I have to say, the pic of the mom looking through the window was just heartbreaking.
hit.gif
What a great story, thanks for sharing that with us!

NOT looking. It's Hannah's sixth birthday and if I'm gonna get teary eyed it'll be about that, TYVM.

Back
Top Bottom