Arizona Chickens

Quote:
Wow, is she nice? Pretty? Let me know when she lays, okay?

I may not get a chance to put in any TJ's. The Julian date on the eggs they have is 3 weeks old. No point. Might check Sprouts and Whole Foods tomorrow, but kinda busy.

Last edited:
Quote:
MEG! Very cool!

You'll probably want to turn the fan that's on the bottom up on edge so it opens up the intake side & blows sideways - that or cut some slots in the black shroud so it can suck some air.

Do you notice a difference in fan speed from room temp to 100 degrees?

Excellent job! It looks way professional!

I have another appliance light base with a 40 watt (I think) bulb in it just like the one you have in the top. It's yours if you want it as we rescued it from a broken micro & it is setting on my desk waiting to be repurposed...

And it is black so it'll match the inside perfectly!!!

*** Edit cause I can! ***

Last edited:
Quote:
They're probably going through a small only. Wonder why so spooky? Did you have all those feathers yesterday? Makes me wonder if something tried to get in and scared them enough that they scrambled and lost feathers.
Meg might visit and get your feathers. I usually just pick up by hand, if not too many. If tons, I do a coop clean out if it bothers me anough.

They have been building up for weeks now. It just looks like more feathers than bedding.

Feather bedding?

Quote:
MEG! Very cool!

You'll probably want to turn the fan that's on the bottom up on edge so it opens up the intake side & blows sideways - that or cut some slots in the black shroud so it can suck some air.

I have another appliance light base with a 40 watt (I think) bulb in it just like the one you have in the top. It's yours if you want it as we rescued it from a broken micro & it is setting on my desk waiting to be repurposed...

Thank you Mikey.
Next time I will take the fan out of the housing, I think. I had one end propped for a little extra flow. I did sit it on edge but had to tape it into place, which makes me uneasy. I only like to use tape for guidance--not structure!

I cannot notice a difference in fan speed once the door is closed. I wonder if the variable speed fan is a GOOD thing in this usage? Hmmm. Fan struggling to cool something, heater struggling against the fan, SRP rubbing it's corporate hands together and chuckling...

What I want from Santa is two identical thermometers and humidity gauges that each read the same when they are set side by side. I have 3 humidity gauges. One is perfect, one you have to add 11%, and one varies from matching the perfect one to 6 percentage points high.

But I'll take the black 40 watt appliance fixture!

Last edited:
Quote:
MEG! Very cool!

Thank you Mikey.
Next time I will take the fan out of the housing, I think. I had one end propped for a little extra flow. I did sit it on edge but had to tape it into place, which makes me uneasy. I only like to use tape for guidance--not structure!

I cannot notice a difference in fan speed once the door is closed. I wonder if the variable speed fan is a GOOD thing in this usage? Hmmm. Fan struggling to cool something, heater struggling against the fan, SRP rubbing it's corporate hands together and chuckling...

What I want from Santa is two identical thermometers and humidity gauges that each read the same when they are set side by side. I have 3 humidity gauges. One is perfect, one you have to add 11%, and one varies from matching the perfect one to 6 percentage points high.

But I'll take the black 40 watt appliance fixture!

On the housing - cut most of the sides of the housing away and leave the corners full length - like legs so it will stand up and still breath.

I think the vari-speed will be fine. You are not moving a tremendous amount of air & the lower speed will save energy.

Whenever I purchase a thermometer I always try to pick the median temp from all of them.

The fixture is yours. It will match your interior decor perfectly!

Quote:

This thing is only 4' wide so should not be too much of a problem. I just wanted ot know if anyone had a feather magnet that would leave the shavings...

yuckyuck.gif

Quote:

This thing is only 4' wide so should not be too much of a problem. I just wanted ot know if anyone had a feather magnet that would leave the shavings...

I want a feather magnet!!!! Mikey, new welding project?!? I could use one for the inside birds and the outside ones.....
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom