Arizona Chickens

Quote:
did i miss something about a plucked hen with liver disease that you ate???????????? do tell.....
caf.gif

oh, and if you are ordering straight run from now on, you'll have plenty of roos to process. i remember reading the FR taking at least 14 weeks. so why not just eat your surplus roos? i know of plenty on here that do. not me. i eat cow.

Yes, do tell. I was under the impression that you shouldn't eat an animal with liver disease.
hmm.png

I assume that Dr. Tracy would have told us not to eat it if there was a problem. There was a tad bit of odor with this one that the other did not have.

Tracy - care to chime in on this one?

We're all still here after eating it - live and learn

Quote:
Sic 'em on the neighbor? After training them to be olympic quality "Angry Birds."

Cool!

I've got the trebuchet!!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/99626_022.jpg

We built this 2 years ago for a competition!

It was designed for a cantaloupe - a small chicken will fit just fine!

Oh hey, let's look up the addresses of the HOA board and load up an urban assault vehicle. Load the trebuchet with Roos and Moringa seeds!

Quote:
Thanks, Mikey. Do you need any? Still considering a plucker? I was wondering about a contained drill plucker? Bad thing about a drill plucker is the mess. I'm not about to have feathers all over the place but if they could be contained in a barrel somehow?

Tammy just cooked up the first roo & said it was way, way better than any store bought chicken she (or David) has ever tasted.

She was thinking that maybe the liver damage the plucked hen had, had altered the taste???

We were contemplating ordering some freedom rangers (or other moderate to high growth rate breed) instead of the Cornish. If they eat less (and waste less) on a daily basis, I'm figuring the cost would about average out (those Cornish were eati'n/poop'n machines!). We are also interested in a breed that you don't absolutely HAVE TO harvest at 8 weeks.

What about those red ones we saw at that really cool house on Tour de Coops?
If that is the case, next time the bulk feed comes around (Feb I think)...

http://www.facebook.com/BackyardChickenFarmersUnite

... I'll order enough to get a dozen or so from fuzzy to freezer & build a plucker.

If you need one sooner - let me know & I'll rig a drill operated on for ya real quick like...
hugs.gif
frow.gif

Quote:
Cool!

I've got the trebuchet!!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/99626_022.jpg

We built this 2 years ago for a competition!

It was designed for a cantaloupe - a small chicken will fit just fine!

Oh hey, let's look up the addresses of the HOA board and load up an urban assault vehicle. Load the trebuchet with Roos and Moringa seeds!

And cannon balls!

No - just kidding

Roos it is!

We'll tell them video games made us to it and sue the Angry Birds corporation

Quote:

And cannon balls!

No - just kidding

Roos it is!

We'll tell them video games made us to it and sue the Angry Birds corporation

yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
Tammy just cooked up the first roo & said it was way, way better than any store bought chicken she (or David) has ever tasted.

She was thinking that maybe the liver damage the plucked hen had, had altered the taste???

We were contemplating ordering some freedom rangers (or other moderate to high growth rate breed) instead of the Cornish. If they eat less (and waste less) on a daily basis, I'm figuring the cost would about average out (those Cornish were eati'n/poop'n machines!). We are also interested in a breed that you don't absolutely HAVE TO harvest at 8 weeks.

What about those red ones we saw at that really cool house on Tour de Coops?

If that is the case, next time the bulk feed comes around (Feb I think)...

http://www.facebook.com/BackyardChickenFarmersUnite

... I'll order enough to get a dozen or so from fuzzy to freezer & build a plucker.

If you need one sooner - let me know & I'll rig a drill operated on for ya real quick like...
hugs.gif
frow.gif

Dem's the ones!

Back
Top Bottom