Arizona Chickens

LOL, I am thinking hard about keeping him, but I'm pretty new to chickens and not sure I'm ready to start hatching yet! I do love those baby chicks! You are close to me, I'm in Waddell also. We're off of Northern and Citrus.
We are neighbors.
highfive.gif

We live offf Citrus and Maryland. East of Citrus.
cool.png
So cool!!!!

lau.gif
lau.gif
Hilarious rant video!

lau.gif
Deserves one more!!

This is so true. Perfectly stated and ranted and posted!

I never dreamed that those first 8 pullets,
and then the 10 chicks and pullets,
and the babies from my flock( due to a pullet chick faking the breeder and becoming the handsome avatar),
then the Frizzles and Polish, then the ducklings, don't forget to add the mini horse,
and the newly hatched specialty breeds,
don't forget the ducklings that hatched on accident,
plus the 4 dogs within the last year.
Oh I forgot the guinea, the turkeys and quail may be the next big thing.

Before it times me out....where was I. Oh yeah, I never knew I could be so enamored with chickens. Or spend so much time, energy and money to care for them.

Whew, done. Did it time me out!!!!????? lol

:lau :lau Hilarious rant video! 

:lau Deserves one more!!

This is so true. Perfectly stated and ranted and posted!

I never dreamed that those first 8 pullets,
and then the 10 chicks and pullets,
and the babies from my flock( due to a pullet chick faking the breeder and becoming the handsome avatar), 
then the Frizzles and Polish, then the ducklings, don't forget to add the mini horse,
and the newly hatched specialty breeds,
don't forget the ducklings that hatched on accident,

plus the 4 dogs within the last year.
Oh I forgot the guinea, the turkeys and quail may be the next big thing.

Before it times me out....where was I. Oh yeah, I never knew I could be so enamored with chickens. Or spend so much time, energy and money to care for them.

Whew, done. Did it time me out!!!!????? lol

Oh yeah.... What breed of dogs did you get ?? Also so glad you have a new chciken neighbor!! :goodpost:

I adopted a shi tzu mix,(county showed them on their site. Said the entire litter, 5, were females. I found out when I picked "her" up from being spayed and microchipped that she was a he.) in Oct of 2012. He looks Havanese. "Teddy" Bear. I named him after my grampa that had passed the July prior to adoption.

I purchased a blue heeler, female, from our local Craigslist on Nov1, 2012. Gracie

I purchased a black pomeranian, male, from a friend of min on Dec 24, 2012. Romeo

All of these turned 1 yr at almost the same time.

I just recently adopted a shar pei/pitbull mix(Sharpull is what I found online as a designer breed), female, from a Craigslist ad. They wanted to find her a good home. No rehoming fee. Charlie

I have a 5 year old red nose Pitbull, female, Suki. She was my daughters and we got her when her apt wouldn't let her keep that breed. She is the smartest most loving dog. She is the model that I hope all the others take after.

We also have a 3 year old black pit bull/german shepherd mix. Zeke. We tried to get the entire litter from a bad situation. We were only able to get him out of it.

Whew! Not sure what I was thinking at the time
th.gif
.....well I do know! I would have more if I could.
love.gif
They are stressful at times. But they all are indoor/outdoor dogs. So I get a break when I need it.

Teddy when a few months old.

My grandson playing with Zeke. Zeke just lets him.

Gracie in backpack hanging off my saddle.
Romeo when we first got him.
Suki and Charlie with Teddy. More recent.
Hard to see but this was last Christmas with 4 of them.

Happy Thanksgiving week.. Take time to hug & spend time with that 1 relitave that is not your favorite..
The relationship might just change, because you have changed... Enjoy the blessings..
We have 3 free hens.. First P.M. Gets them.. :woot

Last week two of our very best friends came for a week from CO and we had an early Thanksgiving dinner. Our friend is a retired chef and the meal we put together was unforgettable. The centerpiece of the meal was the amazing heritage turkey raised by desertmarcy. Everyone raved that it was the best bird they'd ever eaten. Great food, great friends and great family, we couldn't be more thankful. Although, I am a bit envious of all of you that are preparing one of those birds tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom