Arizona Chickens

I adore my NN! And yeah, you're totally right... I started out thinking they were ugly, now I adore them and can't imagine not having them. I even got a little silkie rooster so that i could make some showgirls... :oops:

I hatched a little black showgirl if you need one. It's cute a a button but only has 4 toes so its pet quality.

My place looks like the chickens had a pillow fight and the pillow lost! Feathers everywhere.

Yep mine too - you wonder where all those feathers come from!! AND my girls -I don't have too many that molt - take turns - one molts hard while the others just piddle along then seems to molt hard when whoever is finished - seems like never ending feathers!!

C
Yep mine too - you wonder where all those feathers come from!!  AND my girls -I don't have too many that molt - take turns - one molts hard while the others just piddle along then seems to molt hard when whoever is finished - seems like never ending feathers!! 

Yeah and no eggs. I went into the layer pen and told them that I better start getting some eggs or there was a stew pot waiting. They just looked at me and wanted to know what stew was.
At least my Silkies are laying.

We see it right where it is durring our meals.. My DH & I absoulutly love it!!

Thank you. So glad yall got it. Hopefully it won't be too long before I can make somemore stuff. I have to build a new forge. I want to make a huge one but don't want the bill for the steel. I need an order from a church or something. Lol

Our jungle fowl "tiny" some how managed to get her babies to go under a tiny small crack in the bottom of the fence this afternoon. The 3 bresse & 1 jungle fowl silkie mix, went right on out to forage in our front yard.

I want one or 2 of everything.

I have 2 of the jungle fowl/ silkie mix babies for you.. I am so busy this week, but I will text you our schedule.

what is a jungle fowl? ?. And what does a jungle fowl with a silky mix look like?

Actually they look like welsumers, only about 4 pounds.. They are (Gallus gallus) they are thought to be the ancestral to the domestic chicken.. Their eggs are tiny & cream colored.. Very smart however the new mom, "tiny" is allowing me to handle her babies and even pick her up. I have moved her back into the run like 3x. She still somehow brings her new babies out to the front yard. This morning I saw our cat Isabelle chase of a wild bird from the yard.. "tiny" had her babies hidden under her durring this scuffle.. Isabelle did not catch the wild bird.. However she did stay on top of the wild bird..

I heard something out side, opened my door......... :p

I wonder when I leave? I give them 1 cup of scratch, and they do have a home. I can picture the waddling over and I am gone. That easy meal is gone. I am feeling responsible for them.... :/

They have a nice home

@K9Dave I wanted to mention I have 2 one year old neutered male cats that came from a feral mother. They are good mousers. They live in my house but they are not very friendly, I mean you can touch one but not pick them up. You are welcome to have them as barn cats. They need to be locked up for a few weeks to get to know where home is. They will need to still have supplemental cat feed. I have watched them catch mice before and they can be trained to your birds pretty easy. Most cats are afraid of adult chickens. Just an idea. :)

@K9Dave
    I wanted to mention I have 2 one year old neutered male cats that came from a feral mother. They are good mousers. They live in my house but they are not very friendly, I mean you can touch one but not pick them up. You are welcome to have them as barn cats. They need to be locked up for a few weeks to get to know where home is. They will need to still have supplemental cat feed. I have watched them catch mice before and they can be trained to your birds pretty easy. Most cats are afraid of adult chickens. Just an idea. :)

Think I already have one picked out now. Thank you though.

Back
Top Bottom