Arizona Chickens

Thank you both for the information. Dh is saying since I now have just under 50 chickens he'd rather that I choose 1 other breed. Since he's the coop builder (mine came out lopsided & terribly ugly but was awesome in my imagination) & he cleans the coops when I'm having a flare up, I can't argue with him. I'm going to get some Rhode Island Whites, rose combed not single combed.

Just a FYI, true Rhode Island White are always rose comb. There is no single comb Rhode Island White in the SOP. Be VERY careful shopping for those. The real deal are rare and hard to find. You will find single comb "Rhode Island White" for sale. Which of course they are not. Do your research. That is one breed I for sure would not buy from a hatchery. Some people think they are the same as a Rhode Island Red, only white, but they are a different breed altogether that was developed using entirely different breeds. However both breeds should have the same horizontal, oblong body shape.

BIGFOOT PICS
OK, here are some pics of Bigfoot, and the last pic has him posing with one of his little brothers.

Bigfoots tail is a little ragged, his sickle feathers are still growing in from the last molt.

Are you going to enter any of them in the Nov. TPPFFC show?

google dong tao chicken & look at the images, pay close attention to the feet & legs. Your guy is a beauty!
OMG! I just did. Those chickens got some ugly feet! looks like some kind of tumorous sea creatures. Bigfoot has thick legs, but nothing like that. From his front toe to rear toe is about 5".

Are you going to enter any of them in the Nov. TPPFFC show?
Hadn't planned on showing any. Kinda got drafted as assistant show chairman, so I imagine they will keep me a-runnin and fetchin!

Last edited:
Hadn't planned on showing any. Kinda got drafted as assistant show chairman, so I imagine they will keep me a-runnin and fetchin!
Well once you coop them in, which could be Friday night, there is little you need to do for your birds at the show so you would have time if you have the desire.

Good Lord that Dong Tao Chicken looks like it has elephantitis
ep.gif

Just a FYI, true Rhode Island White are always rose comb. There is no single comb Rhode Island White in the SOP. Be VERY careful shopping for those. The real deal are rare and hard to find. You will find single comb "Rhode Island White" for sale. Which of course they are not. Do your research. That is one breed I for sure would not buy from a hatchery. Some people think they are the same as a Rhode Island Red, only white, but they are a different breed altogether that was developed using entirely different breeds. However both breeds should have the same horizontal, oblong body shape.

I know about the combs which is why I mentioned it. Some people aren't aware that the single comb are to the RIW as EEs are to Ameraucanas. Years ago I had RIWs which is why I decided to get them again. I like their persona, the rooster I had was the most mellow roo I ever had. I have no experience with the Crevecouers but like the way they look, which is why I considered them & the others.

I love your cochins! I have a thing for those fluffy chickens. If I could I'd probably have a few of every breed. You have beautiful birds Cyborg & you should show them!
Well, this show will be the first I ever attended. I was planning on scoping it out and figuring out how it works. I might enter a trio of Giants and a trio of Cochins, just want to make sure they are cared for.

When I watch one of the Cochins walking away from me, they always remind me of an old man in baggy pants!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom