Arizona Chickens

Wow, the wood working craftsman/womanship is beautiful!

Not chicken related but backyard related. Lost a rabbit (senior buck) last weekend to unknown predator. Unfortunately, the rabbit was loose in the yard. The rascal didn't want to go back in his cage. The next morning, I saw fur, then blood spots in the backyard. I thought coyote or owl at first but then… Was out in the front yard and found more fur. Whatever it was had to go over a 6 foot block fence. My DH came outside and there was a pile of leaves, etc. He moved the pile and it was covering the poor dead rabbit. Now we are thinking bob cat. UGH I don't know what else would scale the wall with a 7 lb rabbit and then cover it up for later. My husband said the rabbit had not been eaten, just killed (neck area). We set a trap in the yard Sunday night but nothing so far. This is the 2nd loss we had. Previously took my favorite chicken. We live near a wash area around Jomax and I17. I haven't ever seen a bobcat. Lots of coyotes, hawks and an owl or two. Any other ideas on what it could be and how we might effectively trap it? Proper bait? Right now we have rattle snake meat in the cage trap. Our nephew says bobcats love it.
idunno.gif
All animals are locked up for good. Unfortunately, No more free ranging for our gang. We were lucky for 3 years.

Well that dud not work. Byc must be having technical difficulties. .
Twinklin
Moms3cuties
Rhapsody1
How's the chicken's today? ?

... Chickles my white Leghorn looked better however she was extremely thirsty since my daughter locked her in the backyard bathroom, poor thing!
I did give her some fresh water and some drops of apple cider vinegar in the water to help.

I have more canas, as I need to dig them out if anybody wants them and I may have to take you up on the seedbox if I run out!

..... don't anyone beat themselves up on any chicken losses, just like people sometimes it's their time to go. We all do the best we can with what we know what we have. Some people like to use some diatomaceous earth the food grade one for multiple benefits in their food. Hang in there everyone! - :hugs

Well that dud not work. Byc must be having technical difficulties. .
Twinklin
Moms3cuties
Rhapsody1
How's the chicken's today? ?

... Chickles, our White leghorn has been doing a bit better however the poor thing has been locked in our backyard bathroom and was glad to see me when I gave her some more water which I put a little apple cider vinegar in, just a few drops to help her out. That poor thing!

Oh yes this is still a good time to get some seeds in the ground before it's too late for the winter and if I run out of seeds I will be sure to let you know to peek in the seed box for a few!

A few of my family members have been sick with a cold, & I sure wish I hadn't been so sick myself I could have butchered one of my chickens for some good old fashioned chicken noodle soup!! ^..^

..... for those of us with losses, just like people, it's our animals times to pass, not that this makes it any better, God says there's a time and place for everything under the stars and the heavens, even to be born and even to die. So please don't beat yourself up it's not always Our fault.
:hugs

Last edited:
Wow!! ..I just noticed my other post went through!

Two for the price of one!

@City farm.... byc must be having technical difficulties at least from my mobile phone, that is.

Last edited:
Offering my blue isbar/svart hona cross rooster (best guess, although I was told by the breeder that he was blue isbar full blooded) FOR FREE to anyone who can take him. He is 6 weeks old. He is listed as $5 on the 1-8 week old forum, but I need to re-home him and haven't had any luck the last 3 days. Isn't he handsome?

He is located in Globe, AZ, but I am visiting my sister in Tucson Friday/Sat, so could arrange a meeting with anyone in that area

Last edited:
Hi every one

I had 15 chicken, just pass summer deal with the heat, 2 of them dead when heat up to 114.
Now I need to learn how to deal in this winter, I am at mesa I60 and country club.
Please give me some advise what to do a head when the cool come in.
current I have 13 chicken, it too many for me every day i got about 10 egg, I like to sale some of them to some one who like to have chicken egg.
4 of them 10 month old, the rest 8 months old.
I don't want to kill or eat what i have been taking care when they was baby chick.
the chicken make to much noise when they see me that is silver wyandotte, I will sale them first

Back
Top Bottom