Arizona Chickens

Hello all. I just moved to Hereford 2 weeks go. I am trying to locate a source for sexed chicks.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Don't know your area, but your local feed stores should have some..Their chicks ar %97 female.. Bisbee is closest to you, or maybe Tombstone? What breeds do you want? If for some reason you can't find a feed store order online and have them delivered.. There is my pet chicken, Meyer & many others.. I have found if I order online i ask friends wanting more chick's to go in on it, that way we share the postal cost..

Hello all. I just moved to Hereford 2 weeks go. I am trying to locate a source for sexed chicks.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

What predators do you have out there? Can you post up photos of your set up?

I went to CalRanch and they only offer straight run, Ace does not do chicks at all. And I so far can not locate anything else in my area. Bisbee is only 3 miles ad Tombstone not much further, I'll look there. Thanks

What predators do you have out there? Can you post up photos of your set up?

You name it we got it. Coyotes are the most prominent then the hawks.I only have a temp run set up that includes an enclosed dog run i the middle, the secret is the completely hard closed coop for the night. I'll post a picture later.

@boisebirdhouse7 I used to sit out front when they free range with a bat. Just for those Hawks. We even had a rooster for a while. He would alert the girls if there was an overhead danger. But now we're down to 3 hen's, we have duck's that give us egg's. And boy do they taste so much better, and they're extra large jumbo size. I really love the water feature. I use the water waste for the garden.

You can also order on the internet and have them delivered. My pet chicken, and meyer are only a few. I usually go in on it with a few people so I share the postal cost. But being where you are that might be a little different.

I know all those places you can order from. Just not wanting to go that route if I don't have too. You should invest n overhead cover for your flock.
Mine free ranged when we were in Boise. I can not take that chance here.

Last edited:
I know all those places you can order from. Just not wanting to go that route if I don't have too. You should invest n overhead cover for your flock.
Mine free ranged when we were in Boise. I can not take that chance here.
Owls are a prominent predator as well. I have one that sits right on top of my coop, waiting for the chicken. Don't know why, they wont be able to get out XD maybe he is plotting something.... should look into it.

anyway,there is a store in Safford, (which is about a 2 hour drive north on the 10 if you cant find anywhere close by ) and there is store there that sells chickens.

https://www.facebook.com/Safford-Feed-and-Pet-Supplies-183407988356286/

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom