Arizona Chickens

It is a rooster. It is DEFINITELY, without a doubt, a rooste.r He crowed for 10 minutes yesterday morning. Therefore, I will be incubating Bantam non-bearded splash - buff silkie eggs this year ! 

(yweeeeeeeee!)

any suggestions for incubation and brooding? Humidity and temp and such in my foam incubator?

Yay! I don't know very much about foam incubators.......

Is it a homemade one or like a little giant one?

lol, yesh!

I just put up a cover for my chickens and fixed some roofing over a plywood slab for my mini separation coop so no-one gets cold or wet and the food is protected. not going to make that mistake again...

On a lighter note, Hoping to breed my silkies soon! Does anyone have a really simple way to make a incubator out of a foam ice chest? I only want like 2 or 3 babies XD Iv'e seen people make sucessful incubators out of a foam icechest, a lightbulb, and a tiny fan. Idk where I would get a tiny fan buuutttttt.......... I have a light bulb (brooder light or normal?) and a foam ice box XD

I have a fertilized egg, 2 days old, in the nest box outside right now. My Silkie sleeps on it but wont sit on it during the day... too hot me thinks.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Just throwing it out there:

We're in Vail/Tucson and hatch out for a few people, typically no $$ involved, just bartering.

Would love to help if you don't want to deal with DIY incubator!

Quote:
Quote:

That would be wonderful!!

I live in the Vail area, I will be building my incubator at school, and keeping it there.

Pm me for meeting times and such?

Quote: As much as I would love to use a real incubator, I want to try out a DIY first, and perfect it. ^^

We all gotta start somewhere right? Lol.

Thankyou so much fro the offer though!

I wanna be able to keep an eye on the eggies at school. Will be incubating Silkies and , Hopefully, Easter Eggers come second semester , so I really gotta be watchful with the bantams especially. A white Australorp chick died last night at school because too many people were touching him and he wasn't under a real brooder light, he is just under a eco-friendly twirly light. So, he wasn't warm enough to live......

watchful eyes are definitely needed at this school......

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom