Arizona Chickens

Regarding the flies today, I tried a variety of different things and between them all I had some success. First I got a 24" fan on wheels from TSC and that really seemed to keep the flies at bay. It also kept the chickens at bay for a long while but they started getting used to it before bedtime. Second I applied a good coating of DE to the run and that also seemed to help. Third, I hung two of those fly traps with the water and attractant and they really collected a gazillian flies after hanging for only about 3 hours. I'll likely have to empty and refill them by tomorrow evening. And last, I tried the baggie full of water and a couple of pennies - my wife has been using this method since she was a kid and it really does work. I wouldn't have believed it if someone told me but I've seen the results over the years. The flies today were really extraordinary so I deployed everything I had and it really seemed to cut down the population. I'll keep the pressure on till they let up but so far so good.

Back
Top Bottom