Arizona Chickens

i knew the rain was coming but boy did they not warn of the storm! the thunderclaps were strong for sure, its still drizzling now in midday! the rain has seem to help the bubus come together and my secluded Punky is now free ranging with them! i'm so glad!:wee

I kept an eye out on my local weather on the net. I caught when it said that the thunderstorm would start in about 14 min., then clicked the weather in motion to see. I had to go and let my dog Buster back in the house, so he wouldn't be out there in it. Hubby had just laid some of that pool salt down yesterday afternoon at the end of the driveway where the weed's grow like crazy, so the rain helped to water it in. That salt will keep the weeds at bay in that area.

If you know anyone who would like to start or add to their collection...i will be rehoming at least 10 in February if anyone is interested

Good luck in re-homing the ones that you don't want. Someone on the Phoenix Craigslist is always trying to sell some of those Buff Orp's in the farm and garden section.

You can still go outside and fiddle fart around, I understand the back hurts I have a compression fracture t9 plus more , I get a few chores done then take a rest. Being active is very important. I hope you enjoy your day.:thumbsup

Thanks, I did get put there and give the birdies a treat and cleaned the coop once it warmed up.
Hope you've enjoyed your day too!

I took a bowl with some broken up English Muffins out there for a treat a couple of hours ago. One of the newer pullets couldn't wait for me to toss them out onto the ground in the run. She flew up and roosted on the rim of the bowl, took her a piece, and then flew back down onto the ground. My big blue rooster just stood there waiting patiently for his share. ;)

I got an egg!!!:celebrate I was shocked I can't figure out who finally laid again, it's been awhile since most have laid, it couldn't be punky she has a calcium swirl...it's too big for cluckie or goldie... my guess is Mohawks or callie... I didn't want to start examining every vent :p it's too bad I was working today so I couldn't see who was in the layer box :clap

I kept an eye out on my local weather on the net. I caught when it said that the thunderstorm would start in about 14 min., then clicked the weather in motion to see. I had to go and let my dog Buster back in the house, so he wouldn't be out there in it. Hubby had just laid some of that pool salt down yesterday afternoon at the end of the driveway where the weed's grow like crazy, so the rain helped to water it in. That salt will keep the weeds at bay in that area.
Somebody mentioned pool salt several months ago...was that you? If it really works, that would eliminate my $42/month weed control folks that do the front/sides of my yard in my HOA (Home Owners' Assassination).

Are there any chemical agents in the salt that could cause concern? There are some places in my back yard that I would like to eradicate weeds.

Last edited:
Somebody mentioned pool salt several months ago...was that you? If it really works, that would eliminate my $42/month weed control folks that do the front/sides of my yard in my HOA (Home Owners' Assassination).

Are there any chemical agents in the salt that could cause concern? There are some places that I would like to eradicate weeds.

It could have been me who mentioned it. No, but if you use it, nothing will grow there for a long time, and what little bit does will not be as thick as it was before. The pool salt can't be just thrown on the ground. It has to be watered into the soil. Use Pool Salt, not the Water Softener salt. Water Softener salt is bigger chucks and won't flow as well, and it takes longer to dissolve when you hose it down.

Are there any chemical agents in the salt that could cause concern? There are some places in my back yard that I would like to eradicate weeds.
And when that salt reaches your raised beds and other things you want to grow. (thru the ground water migration.) Including trees you may want for some pretty shade. THEY WONT GROW..

Consider...
weed-wacker.jpg

And when that salt reaches your raised beds and other things you want to grow. (thru the ground water migration.) Including trees you may want for some pretty shade. THEY WONT GROW..

That is true, the Pool Salt is non-selective in what plants it kills off. That's why you have to be careful of what area that you lay it down in, making sure that the water added will flow into a ditch or away from other plants that you want kept.

Back
Top Bottom