Arizona Chickens

How awesome! I'm getting a little overrun with chicks already. Something I didn't really want to happen this year. :lau:he

I have the grow out pen with the salvaged NN/EE's along with the hatchery birds... 8 Buckeyes, two Sicillian Buttercups, and two Speckled Sussex.
20190506_174910.jpg
20190506_174838.jpg

Then I have the four chicks that the "sister wives" hatched out, they're almost 3 weeks old now!
20190507_094333_HDR.jpg
0422191541d.jpg

Then I have the Turkens from Dunlap that are about the same age.... I originally got 15 but lost 4 to what seemed like failure to thrive. The rest are doing very well.
20190507_093941_HDR.jpg

Now I've got another Bresse/NN broody that has hatched out 5 more as of this morning.. there's a few more eggs under her... so we'll see.
20190507_132613.jpg

And on top of all that I've got two more Bresse/NN hens I've foolishly allowed to go broody... each another week apart. This is gonna be an interesting summer...
20190504_114718-1.jpg
20190504_114631.jpg

Stan.jpg

How awesome! I'm getting a little overrun with chicks already. Something I didn't really want to happen this year. :lau:he

I have the grow out pen with the salvaged NN/EE's along with the hatchery birds... 8 Buckeyes, two Sicillian Buttercups, and two Speckled Sussex.View attachment 1767330 View attachment 1767333
Then I have the four chicks that the "sister wives" hatched out, they're almost 3 weeks old now!View attachment 1767342 View attachment 1767350
Then I have the Turkens from Dunlap that are about the same age.... I originally got 15 but lost 4 to what seemed like failure to thrive. The rest are doing very well.View attachment 1767355
Now I've got another Bresse/NN broody that has hatched out 5 more as of this morning.. there's a few more eggs under her... so we'll see.
View attachment 1767360

And on top of all that I've got two more Bresse/NN hens I've foolishly allowed to go broody... each another week apart. This is gonna be an interesting summer... View attachment 1767369 View attachment 1767373
View attachment 1767378

Got a clean necked NN cockerel for me yet?

Yep - going out to put my 5th broody in the broody breaker. At least this is a first timer. Some of the others have been on second rounds! Crazy chickies...... Nice day tomorrow too.....I keep trying to get stuff done BUT so much fun gets in the way!

I've only had the one NN/Breese hen go broody so far, and she's contentedly trying to hatch out 3 plastic egg's.

@cactusrota I was just re-reading your post that you had the pictures in again and I have a question. What did you mean by "salvaged NN/EE's"? Did something happen to them?
The rooster I had that hatched from a blue egg I was trying to breed with the Ameraucana, along with some other hens, for NN/EE's. He died unexpectedly, so I grabbed all the fresh eggs from the hens that were with him to hatch while the hens still had his "gizz" in them. Three of the Ameraucana eggs hatched. So these three are the only offspring i have from him.

The rooster I had that hatched from a blue egg I was trying to breed with the Ameraucana, along with some other hens, for NN/EE's. He died unexpectedly, so I grabbed all the fresh eggs from the hens that were with him to hatch while the hens still had his "gizz" in them. Three of the Ameraucana eggs hatched. So these three are the only offspring i have from him.

Was he the Blue boy? I hope not!

Back
Top Bottom