Arizona Chickens

AND even in this ugly heat I have molting going on. NN mostly I'm thinking but I am seeing a few tail and heads getting more bald. I've not had a molt quite so early. Getting a few eggs here and there - I consider myself lucky with heat and molt. This ugly 110 plus heat all week. Stay safe friends. I'm hanging in there.........

Yes, I do believe that mine are starting to molt also, as the past couple of day's or so I have been finding more feather's on the ground than usual. Egg laying has slowed way down, with only 1 green egg every other day. There's a pullet out there however that has yet to lay her first egg.

AND even in this ugly heat I have molting going on. NN mostly I'm thinking but I am seeing a few tail and heads getting more bald. I've not had a molt quite so early. Getting a few eggs here and there - I consider myself lucky with heat and molt. This ugly 110 plus heat all week. Stay safe friends. I'm hanging in there.........

I have feathers in the coop, but no bare birds. I dunno how much of a molt these kids will have, won't be a year old until next Easter.

Glad you're hanging in there, stay cool and hydrated. :hugs

I'm starting to see more feathers, and the girls i have separated in the recovery pen because they got too wore out by the roos are looking like porcupines. The last week i've only gotten about one egg every other day. They did this last year. I had pullets that didn't start laying until they were 10 months old because they held off until all the older girls were done molting so they could start laying alltogether. :he
20190823_124612_HDR.jpg

I'm starting to see more feathers, and the girls i have separated in the recovery pen because they got too wore out by the roos are looking like porcupines. The last week i've only gotten about one egg every other day. They did this last year. I had pullets that didn't start laying until they were 10 months old because they held off until all the older girls were done molting so they could start laying alltogether. :heView attachment 1891882

Excuse me ma'am but those girls could be arrested for indecent exposure :gig

Thats incredible!!!!:cool::hugs

I dunno about incredible, but I was excited. No more store eggs :yesss:

It stormed here last night, or should I say early this morning. It knocked out the electricity at about 3:25 am. Hubby was out later at about 5:30 am to join his buddies for opening day of the dove hunting season. He said that one of the guy's had been there since about 3:00 am, and that it looked like some of the lightening had struck a transformer on the other side of the mountain. I had to reset all of the clocks after I woke up.

It stormed here last night, or should I say early this morning. It knocked out the electricity at about 3:25 am. Hubby was out later at about 5:30 am to join his buddies for opening day of the dove hunting season. He said that one of the guy's had been there since about 3:00 am, and that it looked like some of the lightening had struck a transformer on the other side of the mountain. I had to reset all of the clocks after I woke up.
I hate power outages! Hope you didn't have anyone in the incubators, and brooders doing ok? I just got a light drizzle and 10 degree drop in temperature just a bit ago, still forecast to have near 100 degree highs for almost a week. Hope my power doesn't go out.

I hate power outages! Hope you didn't have anyone in the incubators, and brooders doing ok? I just got a light drizzle and 10 degree drop in temperature just a bit ago, still forecast to have near 100 degree highs for almost a week. Hope my power doesn't go out.

Yes, the chick's in the brooder are all ok. My incubator was empty for now, so there was no worry for that. Are you trying to hatch anything?

Yes, the chick's in the brooder are all ok. My incubator was empty for now, so there was no worry for that. Are you trying to hatch anything?
No, I don't hatch, just brood occasionally. I have some birds in the bathroom, due to the heat. They'll be 3.5 weeks old before I move them outside, even though I'm generally 10 -15 degrees cooler than the valley.

Back
Top Bottom