Arizona Chickens

starri33

Crowing
Feb 28, 2016
Golden Valley AZ
if I start collecting on a Monday, by the following Thursday, I ought to have all six eggs, still trying to hold off hatching out of the main flock for a month or so more.. if my counting is right, will be less than two weeks. :) I'd hope for all hens, but Charlie seems to be shooting roo's..lol. We'll see. Walker, Houdini, and the other two are doing fine. Got to figure out names for them.

BlueBaby

Enabler
Mar 21, 2016
Maricopa, AZ. (near Phoenix)
if I start collecting on a Monday, by the following Thursday, I ought to have all six eggs, still trying to hold off hatching out of the main flock for a month or so more.. if my counting is right, will be less than two weeks. :) I'd hope for all hens, but Charlie seems to be shooting roo's..lol. We'll see. Walker, Houdini, and the other two are doing fine. Got to figure out names for them.
It's not Charlies fault. It's the hen that decides the sex of the chick's.

starri33

Crowing
Feb 28, 2016
Golden Valley AZ
It's not Charlies fault. It's the hen that decides the sex of the chick's.
Then I need to show the girls what a stew pot looks like..rofl.. this batch is to young yet to know, although Houdini going by the size looks like he's a he.. he's also the first egg I'd had to assist this time around.. as big has he is, I'd not be surprised he is a cockerel

cavemanrich

Enabler
5 Years
Apr 6, 2014
Melrose Park Illinois
starri33
On another thread , person did an experiment. (it may have been for a 4H science project:idunno) Incubated 3 batches of eggs. 1 week old, 2 week old, and 3 week old. The results were GREAT for 1 week, GOOD for 2 week, and FAIR, for 3 week. but some still did hatch after 3 weeks:thumbsup
I would have to search DEEP, as it was on the Illinois thread, and it does get MUCH postings.
I would personally not refrigerate your eggs. Keep in home at room temperature.
There are a few threads here on hatching Trader Joe, Store purchased eggs. Not ALL trader Joe's, carry fertile eggs. Just because they are labeled FREE-RANGE, does not mean there was a rooster around for company.:gig

starri33

Crowing
Feb 28, 2016
Golden Valley AZ
starri33
On another thread , person did an experiment. (it may have been for a 4H science project:idunno) Incubated 3 batches of eggs. 1 week old, 2 week old, and 3 week old. The results were GREAT for 1 week, GOOD for 2 week, and FAIR, for 3 week. but some still did hatch after 3 weeks:thumbsup
I would have to search DEEP, as it was on the Illinois thread, and it does get MUCH postings.
I would personally not refrigerate your eggs. Keep in home at room temperature.
There are a few threads here on hatching Trader Joe, Store purchased eggs. Not ALL trader Joe's, carry fertile eggs. Just because they are labeled FREE-RANGE, does not mean there was a rooster around for company.:gig
Thank you, I have hope for them.. :) I'll be setting the hatch here in a month or so, unless I decide to break out the big incubator..lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom