Arizona Chickens

So curiosity was killing so I checked the other three that haven’t hatched. I hear chirp chirp coming from them. Candled them sure enough I have two still alive and one that isn’t fully developed. So how long do you guys typically let the others be to hatch?

Give them a couple more day's. If you think that the one that isn't fully developed is dead, it can be tossed because you wouldn't want it to explode in there. It would be a very stinky mess. If you think that one is still alive, then give it the couple more day's and see what happens.

Give them a couple more day's. If you think that the one that isn't fully developed is dead, it can be tossed because you wouldn't want it to explode in there. It would be a very stinky mess. If you think that one is still alive, then give it the couple more day's and see what happens.
Oh those two are definitely alive. They were chirping and the moving all around in the egg and thanks for the advice on the dead one. No stinky mess please! By the way I do like this incubator except for the sides. One of the chicks ended up underneath the plastic casing.

Oh those two are definitely alive. They were chirping and the moving all around in the egg and thanks for the advice on the dead one. No stinky mess please! By the way I do like this incubator except for the sides. One of the chicks ended up underneath the plastic casing.

What type of incubator are you using?

What type of incubator are you using?
I have used and had all three of these. The 32 egg on is the one that did the work this time much better incubator! Those cheap ones are just that cheap!!

Attachments

• 77DE9204-764C-4C5D-8F85-8F9847982086.png
    77DE9204-764C-4C5D-8F85-8F9847982086.png
    855.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 13F6C82F-C96F-428C-AD58-A667AB15353F.png
    13F6C82F-C96F-428C-AD58-A667AB15353F.png
    456.6 KB · Views: 3
I do like this incubator except for the sides. One of the chicks ended up underneath the plastic casing.
Looking at those openings, ,,, Can you cut pieces of Styrofoam, and slip into those openings??? Not tightly, but loosely, and just enough to keep chick from falling in. After hatching is over, those could be removed and saved or discarded. (your choice) Most likely need to be removed for post hatch cleaning.

Looking at those openings, ,,, Can you cut pieces of Styrofoam, and slip into those openings??? Not tightly, but loosely, and just enough to keep chick from falling in. After hatching is over, those could be removed and saved or discarded. (your choice) Most likely need to be removed for post hatch cleaning.
Yes it said to use the styrofoam for that and I thought I had it covered. Ha lesson learned for next time!! I like stuffing paper in there then it can just be tossed when cleaning it!

Back
Top Bottom