Arizona Chickens

Wow I just read thru the restrictions for the bird flu in UK... indoor housing with roof I guess, and much more.

One more "black swan event" for 2020 or to start 2021. I will start contingency planning for this now just in case it comes to the US... thanks for the heads up!

Yes, at least by us knowing about what is happening over there, we can prepare in protecting our's over here better.

Howdy fellow Arizonans! North of Tucson here... Looking forward to picking some brains in the near future as I get started on this chicken endeavor. I’ve decided on raising Black Australorps as they seem to be a great combination of weather tolerant, docile and dual purpose birds.
I am currently in the process of leveling out about a half acre of my land to prep for chickens and a nice veggie garden. Hope to have the main coop and run finished by late January. Looking into Ideal Poultry for my initial chicks to start. Any input would be appreciated. Hope to share more with ya’ll soon.
Australorps are a great bird. I live different looks when it comes to birds so we have different breeds. Tucson is great for gardening, Fig’s, grapes & roses are some of the easiest to grow that will do fine in your area. Roses are year round green & our birds get the almost spent flowers if I don’t use the petals in the bouquet herbal tea I make. They love to eat the grape leaves as a treat & the fig leaves are a great mulch for a compost or making a fig leaf syrup. The fig & grapes will die back and give your flock sun in that area. Take lots of photos for before & after, it’s fun to see the change.

I was referred to post this here:

I have 2 White Leghorn hens that are about a year and a half old that I'm giving away to a good home. They are laying hens, not the eatin' type. They are healthy and happy, but we have decided to put a pause on our backyard coop for the time being. If you are interested send me a message here and I can give you more details.

I was referred to post this here:

I have 2 White Leghorn hens that are about a year and a half old that I'm giving away to a good home. They are laying hens, not the eatin' type. They are healthy and happy, but we have decided to put a pause on our backyard coop for the time being. If you are interested send me a message here and I can give you more details.
Where are you located?

Back
Top Bottom