Arizona Chickens

yes, hopefully they are investigating even though the reporter says it isn't suspicious. they had a fire April 2019 as well, again the timing just before easter...( easter has been fairly late lately, so I believe that fire was before easter)

I wonder if that's going to cause the egg prices to go up again?

I wonder if that's going to cause the egg prices to go up again?
or empty shelves, as the entire barn was probably lost. Don't know how many barns they have, there were 4 pictured in the news report but could be more. I have plenty of eggs now, will be inundated once the midnight majesty marans decide to start laying.

**correction, two barns, 165000 hens:(

or empty shelves, as the entire barn was probably lost. Don't know how many barns they have, there were 4 pictured in the news report but could be more. I have plenty of eggs now, will be inundated once the midnight majesty marans decide to start laying.

It is unbelievable how many they put in one building. :eek: :hit
I will be interested to see those marans eggs!

Yes, I have over 8 dozen in my fridge right now. I sold 4 dozen more a couple or so week's ago. I have more sitting on the counter in an egg carton in case the fertile egg's are needed.

Yes, I have over 8 dozen in my fridge right now. I sold 4 dozen more a couple or so week's ago. I have more sitting on the counter in an egg carton in case the fertile egg's are needed.
I have been keeping up selling them to friends and neighbors, one dozen in the frig. 18 fertile duck eggs on the counter. I am seriously considering putting them in an incubator from Tractor supply. It is your fault! :lau

FINALLY.. flowers are blooming.. these reseeded themselves from last year.
20210307_135124.jpg

Just grabbed the petals off a few roses for the ladies.. the chickens are clucking loudly and running around their coop.. of course all fighting over the SAME petal.

Grr! here are my midnight majesty pullets (I sold the last 4 I wanted to sell) panting away with their wings out, and it's 76 degrees outside and in the roosts! Oh, and the barred one should be a cockerel, but just not acting like it yet. He/she has been growing though, very slowly, and is not the smallest but now is the biggest of the group.... They're all integrated with the adults so must be getting ready to lay. Two of them have brighter combs now. But cornish X wouldn't be panting in these temperatures!

Attachments

• IMG_0540.jpg
    IMG_0540.jpg
    550.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0542.jpg
    IMG_0542.jpg
    596.4 KB · Views: 1
Grr! here are my midnight majesty pullets (I sold the last 4 I wanted to sell) panting away with their wings out, and it's 76 degrees outside and in the roosts! Oh, and the barred one should be a cockerel, but just not acting like it yet. He/she has been growing though, very slowly, and is not the smallest but now is the biggest of the group.... They're all integrated with the adults so must be getting ready to lay. Two of them have brighter combs now. But cornish X wouldn't be panting in these temperatures!
We have been pretty cold, I bet they have extra down underwear keeping them warm! AZ has extreme temp swings that I can imagine some breeds can not handle very well. It is forecast to snow here Wed. night, hope they keep that down on a little while longer.

Back
Top Bottom