Arizona Chickens

Bob - love the new brooder. I need to make some new pens. I need two pens and I want a raised floor brooder. I have one dusting to do before I can safely move my chicks out to the chick coop. I don't want to infect the chicks with mites too. Bob, everything you described happebed to my nbirds too.

I have my incubator up and running. Its the first time I'm going to use a turner. I'm going to hatch a few olive eggers, a houdan, a Spitzhauben and a clutch of Silkies from my random Silkie pen (for lack of better words).

Meg - Let me know when your coop is ready. I think one of the girls has started to lay already.

Skiveez, wish I could get half as much done as you seem to. I have too many projects and too little time and energy. WAY too little energy.
hu.gif

I really appreciate the help with the mites. So far everyone seems to be ok. Still having intermittant problems with the big birds having respiratory problems. Had to give a roo a shot tonight. Noticed he was a little raspy. That injectable Tylosin really kicks but when it comes to sick birds. Never thought I'd be giving shots to chickens! LOL

Quote:
NoSkiveez I'm hoping to make great inroads this Sunday. Just can't get DH enthused about fresh eggs. Also, my wire is MIA, gotta call the store again.

Do you have something in a blue egg layer that'd get along with the girls too Near the same age? Maybe just one more...two...5 chickens isn't too many is it?

heh heh heh...

Insomnia shift back on here.

My coop cleaner is on a campout near Mt. Lemon so I'll be cleaning and mopping today.

Think I'm coming down with the flu.

I hate it... non-stop coughing, congestion. etc....

Insomnia Fairy workin' overtime. I had a presentation due and stayed up until 2.
roll.png

Sorry you are feeling punky Mahonri. Jealous that you have a coop cleaner tho'.
hu.gif

Bob - I've really got my work cut out for us here. We always have a ton to do and never enough time or money to get it done like we want.

Meg - I have an Easter Egger hen. She is missing some back feathers from an over zealous rooster. She is sweet. The SLW are almost full size and have been in with chickens of all sizes and should do well. One...two...five. Really not that many. You've got no idea how many we have out here. But I do think Bob has me beat. lol

Bob - I've really got my work cut out for us here. We always have a ton to do and never enough time or money to get it done like we want.

Meg - I have an Easter Egger hen. She is missing some back feathers from an over zealous rooster. She is sweet. The SLW are almost full size and have been in with chickens of all sizes and should do well. One...two...five. Really not that many. You've got no idea how many we have out here. But I do think Bob has me beat. lol

Rio_Lindo_AZ - that is a beautiful bird!
Bob - You are up to your eyeballs in chickens, aren't you?

This morning my broody silkie was slacking on the job, and had let one of her eggs roll away and get cold. There was no way it was still alive. I figured that if I tossed it the other eggs would have a better chance at being kept under Chicken Brain's fluffy butt.

Except, how are you supposed to dispose of an egg with a partially developed chick inside?

I decided to throw it into the neighbor's yard. It's only 150' feet from the coop. Not that far, right?

Except, I have bad aim. Instead of sailing through the air and into the neighbor's yard, it went straight up and splattered in the tree branches over my head. I got covered in bloody egg slime.

Then, the chickens ran around eating up the bloody goo as it oozed off the branches.

sickbyc.gif

someone please refresh my overfilled head. who is it that's doing the aloha chicken project? is that still going on cuz i haven't read anything about it in seems like forever.

Back
Top Bottom