Arizona Chickens

You can message me and we can chat about it!
Right now I still don't know how many chicks are going to hatch. I may have my hands full, or maybe not. :)

There was a lot of noise at the Leghorn coop, so I went outside to see who was being murdered. Big Ben was about to be. He was in a nest box sitting on two eggs and Henrietta was having none of it. I shooed him out and collected the eggs, then Henrietta got the nest box and all was quiet again. The latest drama in How The Chicken Coop Turns.

Morning, everybody!

BlueBaby, are you doing OK? I know your husband has not been well and I haven't heard from you in a few days.

Yesterday I talked to the man who said he was going to reassemble the old chicken coop into a large one. He said instead of trying to move those really heavy walls, he wants to make an entirely new one, 8 feet by 8 feet square. That sounds great. And later maybe I can get someone to reassemble the old one where it stands.

Morning, everybody!

BlueBaby, are you doing OK? I know your husband has not been well and I haven't heard from you in a few days.

Yesterday I talked to the man who said he was going to reassemble the old chicken coop into a large one. He said instead of trying to move those really heavy walls, he wants to make an entirely new one, 8 feet by 8 feet square. That sounds great. And later maybe I can get someone to reassemble the old one where it stands.

Yes, just been busy. Taking care of the flock, chick's in the grow-out pen, and the chick's that just hatched, alongside of checking on the animal's next door again to make sure they have enough drinking water and such while he's gone to work in the daytime. His wife is over in Florida again. Plus my DH and I have been trying to get a few thing's done for me ahead of time, as he call's getting his duck's in a row just in case?

Maybe you will be able to use the old one to store feed in so that it's out of the weather?

Morning, everybody!

Everybody needs 2 coops eventually, just plan on it! ;) I have a completely steel chain link post and wire pen for the coop I have, lots of ventilation. I keep 15 -18 hens and 1 rooster in that, it is fine since they get to come out in the yard in the afternoons. It is big enough if the birds do not get let out in cold weather. It is surrounded with electric netting and no predators yet. Light enough to move, and cheap to make. Here it is when they first went outside last year.
How is the hatch coming along?

Attachments

• IMG_4742.JPG
    IMG_4742.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
Glad to hear you're doing OK, BlueBaby! I was concerned when you didn't post for a few days. But you're right, life does get busy sometimes.

Needing two coops--you make it sound like I'll end up with more chickens! *cough* not me. Just Leghorns--they only count as half chickens because they're not all that big. Or maybe 1/3 chickens. Yeah. So Leghorns don't count as real chickens, and I can get as many as I'd like.

The eggs are not doing anything yet. Tomorrow's Day 21.

Glad to hear you're doing OK, BlueBaby! I was concerned when you didn't post for a few days. But you're right, life does get busy sometimes.

Needing two coops--you make it sound like I'll end up with more chickens! *cough* not me. Just Leghorns--they only count as half chickens because they're not all that big. Or maybe 1/3 chickens. Yeah. So Leghorns don't count as real chickens, and I can get as many as I'd like.

I did post yesterday in another forum thread here that was being talkative and keeping me busy in it.

The last little chick that hatched yesterday got moved down into the brooder and is keeping the chick that hatched 2 day's ago company. I seen that it has the drinking water figured out ok now, but have yet to see it eat. Maybe the older chick will help teach it the ropes. :gigThe rest of the egg's are due for hatching on the 21st.

Leghorns are all chicken. They count as two chickens each!

Back
Top Bottom