Arizona Chickens

Im not sure if my RIR will make it..she was wobbling and collapsed on the grass when I let them out to free range. I put the hose near her so the cool water would wet the ground beneath her and hopefully cool her down. She seems better than she was 10 minutes ago but I guess only time will tell if she will make it through.
hope she pulls thru! it's hot up here too. I'm getting temps that you guys in the valley would normally have.

Im not sure if my RIR will make it..she was wobbling and collapsed on the grass when I let them out to free range. I put the hose near her so the cool water would wet the ground beneath her and hopefully cool her down. She seems better than she was 10 minutes ago but I guess only time will tell if she will make it through.
How is she doing? :fl

It's much cooler here today, thanks to clouds and smoke blocking the sun. A high of only 93, so that should give the chickens a bit of a break.

How is she doing? :fl

It's much cooler here today, thanks to clouds and smoke blocking the sun. A high of only 93, so that should give the chickens a bit of a break.
Better! She’s standing now and trying to fix the feathers that got wet so I think it’s a good sign, earlier she was barely lifting her head. Im making sure the ground is wet so her feet can stay cool and hopefully keep her from over-heating again

Better! She’s standing now and trying to fix the feathers that got wet so I think it’s a good sign, earlier she was barely lifting her head. Im making sure the ground is wet so her feet can stay cool and hopefully keep her from over-heating again

My flock has been standing under the mister's that I put up, especially the bigger NN Aloha hen. By the shape of her body, I am thinking that she might have some of that cornish x in her. She has lost some weight since she's been here though. She's getting exercise running away from a couple of the other girl's that like to chase her.

My flock has been standing under the mister's that I put up, especially the bigger NN Aloha hen. By the shape of her body, I am thinking that she might have some of that cornish x in her. She has lost some weight since she's been here though. She's getting exercise running away from a couple of the other girl's that like to chase her.
I think you’ve answered this before but where did you get your misters? I went to Walmart but they didn’t have any so tomorrow I was going to check home depot or Lowe’s

Thank you! Hopefully I’ll have them installed by this afternoon. Did you place them around the run or anywhere specific?

I placed them at the end of the run at the opposite end of the coop. Sometimes the nozzle's get clogged, so I bought extra nozzle's so that I can change them out right away. The clogged ones can be soaked in some of the CLR, and be used again later. The reason why I put them down at the opposite end of the run, is so that if by chance the nozzle starts shooting out a stream of water, instead of the mist, it won't be going into the coop itself.

Edit: When using the CLR, it doesn't take much of it, just enough to cover the nozzle.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom