Arizona Chickens

I made my Feed Store run today. Got everything I needed - 2 dog food, 6 bags feed and 2 bales straw. I started unloading it and realized I need to superclean an empty metal can because it had some kind of stuff that didn't look good in the very bottom. I'm waiting for it to dry. Meanwhile I had to scrounge for some blocks and boards to make a raised scaffold for temp storage for the new feed that goes in that can. It's about to rain here north of Prescott. So everything is now staged in the Pole Barn safe from sprinkles.

I remember our discussion on toxic feed some maybe due to faulty storage - so especially with the rain I check the feed to make sure I don't see or smell anything concerning. I did end up dumping the bottom of the barrel sunflower seeds out in the field because they were wet a couple weeks ago. And I have to caulk or retape the metal can handles against the weather - some tape has worn out.
You could always get some of those free pellet's off of Craigslist to set those on. That way they would be up off of the ground away from the rain water. I added caulk around my handles.

Last edited:
That's the one! :)

OK, the forum seems back to normal. Yay!

This evening I was watching Youtube videos, and the computer started acting strange. Then I noticed that the mouse fell on the floor and Teddy was sitting on it. I removed the mouse from under the dog, and now Youtube is back to normal again, too. :D
So, Teddy sat on the mouse to make sure that it couldn't attack you? :gig

We're supposed to get some really strong winds today and tomorrow. That means I won't get to work on expanding the run of the big coop. :( With the new panels, the run will be 10' x 16'.

That will give them some room. Mine is 8' x 16' with those horse panel's.

I was enjoying the cooler weather, so I helped my DH put a new screen and roller's on the screen door, so that we could let some fresh air in here. Buster enjoyed it and layed by that door all evening. He even joined in on the neighborhood dog barking concert. :D

Amazon delivered my 3 packages yesterday, so that 60 count egg storage thing is here now. For now I'm going to leave it in the box until I'm ready to use it.

That will give them some room. Mine is 8' x 16' with those horse panel's.

I was enjoying the cooler weather, so I helped my DH put a new screen and roller's on the screen door, so that we could let some fresh air in here. Buster enjoyed it and layed by that door all evening. He even joined in on the neighborhood dog barking concert. :D

Amazon delivered my 3 packages yesterday, so that 60 count egg storage thing is here now. For now I'm going to leave it in the box until I'm ready to use it.
I'd open it and make sure it's OK before the refund window closes though.

Back
Top Bottom