Arizona Chickens

@igorsMistress What's the average weight on the runner duck egg's? I have some of those Welsh Harlequin duck egg's that I'm hatching. Those are huge, but so are these Bielefelder hatching egg's I'll be hatching out on the 17th for the due date.
I don’t know, I haven’t weighed them. My girls are just over a year old now and the eggs got bigger as time went by, just like chickens. Runner eggs are typically about the size of a jumbo chicken egg from what I’ve read, and I’d say that’s about right, maybe a little bigger.

So, how has everyone's weekend been going? How are the flock's doing?
Been busy rearranging the laundry room so I can put the tomato plants in there in a few days when it freezes overnight.
The barred rock didn't really molt and is still laying, one MM maran resumed laying, another looks like she should resume laying, and the third one doesn't look like she'll be laying anytime soon.

I don’t know, I haven’t weighed them. My girls are just over a year old now and the eggs got bigger as time went by, just like chickens. Runner eggs are typically about the size of a jumbo chicken egg from what I’ve read, and I’d say that’s about right, maybe a little bigger.
The smallest duck egg that was sent to me was 75g, but most of them weighed more then that.

Been busy rearranging the laundry room so I can put the tomato plants in there in a few days when it freezes overnight.
The barred rock didn't really molt and is still laying, one MM maran resumed laying, another looks like she should resume laying, and the third one doesn't look like she'll be laying anytime soon.
At least you are still getting some egg's.

I have a Naked Neck hen that's been doing a slow molt but has still kept on laying egg's. I also have a couple of hen's that have grown in the new feather's, and hopefully they will be back to laying soon. Then there are some pullet's that have just started laying, and a couple more pullet's that will be laying soon also.

11 chicken egg's and 11 duck egg's currently in my incubator right now.

An update on my roosting problem :) I searched for a few different roost ideas online and I found that we already had the supplies to follow this style so we finished it up yesterday and installed it today. Just went out to close the coop and the chickens were all on different levels rather than on top of the nest boxes, thanks for all the help and ideas! :highfive:
C93D3C60-A632-40B2-81EC-BFD0AEB9756B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom