Arizona Chickens

My hatching egg's from Mississippi are supposed to be delivered today, so I'm waiting for the mailman to deliver them. Then I can unpack them and let them sit overnight, and then they can go into the incubator tomorrow!

@Happy Novogens If you have a rooster and your hen had any fertile egg's, I could add them to my incubator and hatch them for you since I'll be doing mine anyway's.

@Happy Novogens If you have a rooster and your hen had any fertile egg's, I could add them to my incubator and hatch them for you since I'll be doing mine anyway's.
That is so kind of you to offer! Thank you. Unfortunately, we do not have rooster, so no fertile eggs. I am wanting to get some more Brown Novogens. I've been trying to reach the person I got these girls from but have not had any response yet.

That is so kind of you to offer! Thank you. Unfortunately, we do not have rooster, so no fertile eggs. I am wanting to get some more Brown Novogens. I've been trying to reach the person I got these girls from but have not had any response yet.
Well, good luck with getting ahold of them.

Curiously the hen that always hung around with the one that died has not laid an egg for 2 days-- beginning the morning after the other died. They had both been laying an egg per day very consistently so this is quite unusual for her.
She could be missing her friend, or if she seen it when it happened she could be in shock or stressed. I guess, you'll have to just watch what goes on with her, and give her some time.

Curiously the hen that always hung around with the one that died has not laid an egg for 2 days-- beginning the morning after the other died. They had both been laying an egg per day very consistently so this is quite unusual for her.
I don't think it would be unusual for a flock that witnessed an attack to stop laying due to the stress. It might take a bit of time to get over it and back to laying.

--EDIT-- I know I vowed that we would never again have 2 dogs at the same time after my dog attacked my oldest hen (who survived) and again after that youngest dog attacked a kitten thru the fence. It took a while to forgive that dog as doing what dogs do by nature.

She could be missing her friend, or if she seen it when it happened she could be in shock or stressed. I guess, you'll have to just watch what goes on with her, and give her some time.

I don't think it would be unusual for a flock that witnessed an attack to stop laying due to the stress. It might take a bit of time to get over it and back to laying.

--EDIT-- I know I vowed that we would never again have 2 dogs at the same time after my dog attacked my oldest hen (who survived) and again after that youngest dog attacked a kitten thru the fence. It took a while to forgive that dog as doing what dogs do by nature.
I had wondered if they would notice or comprehend (we've not had chickens before). The first morning I could sense a change in that one. Her greetings were more subdued. Poor girls.

I had wondered if they would notice or comprehend (we've not had chickens before). The first morning I could sense a change in that one. Her greetings were more subdued. Poor girls.
They definitely comprehend. And they all have different personalities and ways they respond to different things. Some things are instinctual and other things (that are less survival related, I think) are more due to personality.

Back
Top Bottom