Arizona Chickens

"and the Barred Rocks, you can see the one on the right hand side is darker and has more feathers. What do you think? The other two Roos? Is it to early for me to try to re-home the two I believe are Roos. I only want the pullets. They are Good Shepherd from Desertmarcy so you know they are good stock. Anyone interested?
Please tell me what you think, pullet or roo?"

LadyKD, yes, I think you are correct. The BR on the right (though it helps to see the head and if there is a headspot) looks like a pullet based on the barring. The other two are almost definitely Roos.

Thanks, I am already attached, I want to re-home them ASAP. Anybody interested? I'm going to check around.
are you not up for butchering? i have decided that since i am now allergic to corn and am feeding strictly organic, no soy, no corn, no canola feed, that the chicks that turn into roos will become my dinner. BUT NOT THE SILKIES!!!!! feed is so expensive and i may as well come to terms with what life has handed me now and eat them. they are all raised very humanely and i just can't imagine giving them away free anymore to someone else. i have sooooo many allergies that i just need to get over it and do it. i have a friend with a plucker if you decide to raise them to feed yourself well. we could do it together.
hugs.gif

so I have several hens that just started laying and a few pullets that i would like to sell. if you'd like to add to your flock, send me a PM and i will give you a good price, i just have way too many. these were all hatched either by me or Beehappy.

i also have new chicks, some already living outside in the baby coop, no heat(it's hot enough!)

hens:
basque
super blues

pullets:
wheaten ameraucanas
french cuckoo marans

chicks:
sulmtalers(already sexable)
silkies

Hottest day of the year and we just got our first egg. I have no idea who did it but it was in a nesting box. The girls are 18 weeks as of today except Sasha who is more like 16 weeks.
We're all so excited!! I checked this morning and nothing and just checked a few minutes ago and this is our reward.

7CDEE422-748F-49A1-856E-C84C2C3D35A2-384-0000011A89FAAC69_zpsee051f65.jpg

Is anyone else in the west valley ordering from the co-op shipment due in tomorrow? I'd be willing to pick it up for a small mileage fee, or vice versa if someone else is going and wants some gas money in return. I'll have one open seat if you want to ride along. Message me.

I guess I should ask. What is the preferred method to clean the egg? I just used cool water on this one.
WOOOOOOOO!!!!! Congrats Madd Baggins!!!
ya.gif
SOOO exciting!!! Funny how they just know what the nesting boxes are for. With regards to the egg, I read not to wash them until right before you use them. They have a "bloom" on them that protects the egg. http://www.suburbanchicken.org/eggs.htm

Congrats again! And on the hottest day of the year so far, that seems like a sign of good things to come production-wise. Give those girls an extra treat!

Back
Top Bottom