Arizona Chickens

I haven't' been on for a while, life is too chaotic. Even today we are trying to fix an electrical problem that left us without power in several rooms yesterday. However I wanted to share about the strange bird we found. Two weeks ago, we noticed a strange bird on a neighbors second story patio and watched it for a while. The neighbor then came out and shooed it away. It then flew into our street and into the wheel well of a car. We rescued it out and took it out with our hens to check it out... It never left even though our hens free range most of the day. Today was the first day it even ventured to the garden...

After some research I believe it is Harold brown hen, never seen anything like it and I have seen many breeds and variations of chickens. My son calls her Carl. Very friendly, eats from my hand.

Well 41 inches wasn't high enough. My trouble maker Phillie has realized if there's something to land on she can fly up that high. My pretty garden fence now has a 2 ft chicken wire extension on the top. None of them have ever flown that high. When the fence was just plastic mesh she didn't get over it because she couldn't land on it but it looked terrible. Now that it has a sturdy frame it's perfect perching height. Hopefully the extension is enough to keep her out. :( I may at some point remove the top railing if I get some L brackets for the bottom and side posts. The reason for the frame style fence was the hinges so we could fold it up out of the way when needed. I don't want something staked into the ground.

. Great to meet you all. I am actually in concho but hope to be moving closer to show low soon. Moved here from n.m. much prettier here. I am hoping to get a good flock going this spring. Iv had poultry all my life but had to leave mine behind when we moved. Can't wait to buld a new henhouse and get started just have to wait for funding hehehe. If y'all ever come up this way feel free to stop in for some sweet tea and chickentalk.

Who has chicks for sale? Or will have chicks in the near future? Let me know!! (Please!
smile.png
)
In the Prescott area Cal Ranch has chicks right now and then Olsen's grain, both in Prescott and Chino Valley, will get chicks in at the end of March. Cal Ranch seems to be the only place right now that has chicks. I just purchased some buff orpingtons and black sex link chicks.

Back
Top Bottom