Arizona Chickens

Hola! Its been a while since I've checked in here. Atleast a year or so. Life got pretty distracting for a while, but I am back in the game. I've still got the goats (but I am down to a easier number (4, and I am planning to sell one of them) and I have two pens of chickens (Blue Laced Red Wyandottes and a pair of Blie Wheaten Ameruacanas with a couple assorted hens in there to bring the male to female ratio up) and the bunnies are all gone (maybe it was a hasty decision on that-live and learn). I'm hatching out some eggs that a friend gave me and so far its been a good hatch for the most part. I have to admit, I'm a bit excited.

Who all is still here?
I see lots of new names I don't recognize too! Glad to see more chicken people!
Welcome back!
frow.gif

I used to show dairy goats. I had to sell my herd a few years back. I am getting back into them for my boys to show in 4-H. My Nubian doeling will be here in another week and im getting a Nigerian buck. I need to find a Nigerian doe. :)
I have a Nigerian buckling that I need to rehome. He is an adorable black/white/black (like and oreo cookie, His name is Oreo too) if you are in need of another buck. I'm also always open to barters, and goat swaps. I am actually considering a goat swap for one of my females. Both of my girls are related, my big buck is unrelated to all of them but my young buck is related to both females. I recently rehomed an older Nigerian with her two babies into a home that wont breed the mother (I've had her for years and I think she was a few years old when I got her and I was seeing that kidding seems to be getting harder and harder on her so she needed to be done)

Hola! Its been a while since I've checked in here. Atleast a year or so. Life got pretty distracting for a while, but I am back in the game. I've still got the goats (but I am down to a easier number (4, and I am planning to sell one of them) and I have two pens of chickens (Blue Laced Red Wyandottes and a pair of Blie Wheaten Ameruacanas with a couple assorted hens in there to bring the male to female ratio up) and the bunnies are all gone (maybe it was a hasty decision on that-live and learn). I'm hatching out some eggs that a friend gave me and so far its been a good hatch for the most part. I have to admit, I'm a bit excited.

Who all is still here?

Hey I'm in the CG area - where re you located? I'm off 11 Mile Corner Road. Maybe we can meet up and talk chicken - I would love to see your setup.

Hey I'm in the CG area - where re you located?  I'm off 11 Mile Corner Road.  Maybe we can meet up and talk chicken - I would love to see your setup. 

I'm out in the cotton fields south of Walmart. What breeds of chickens do you have? I'm always up to meet new chicken peeps (peeps...lol). However, I always need notice if someone is coning to the house. I have two 5 year olds and a 4 year old and it looks like every combination of a natural disaster has hit the inside of my house all at once. LOL. Kids...gotta love'em!

New and a Newbie here. Just moved from Mesa to East Apache Junction on some horse property. I know NOTHING. But I really want to get some Layers. Is it to late? Do I need to keep a heat light on the chicks if they are in the house or garage? I could use all the info you can dish out.

I lost my pond fish
hit.gif
Does anybody in the Tucson area have extra mosquito fish or any other small mosquito-eating fish in abundance and willing to share? I have cattails in my pond that are taking over. If you want cattails, you can have some! They used more water in the pond than I realized and the pond went dry, hence the loss of my fish. Tons of mosquito larvae out there now, I need fish ASAP! Would rather have the fish than use mosquito dunks.

Who all is still here?
I'm new since about October. I live WAY out west with 4 RIR hens. My son and DIL live in Casa Grande. Welcome back!

New and a Newbie here.  Just moved from Mesa to East Apache Junction on some horse property.  I know NOTHING. But I really want to get some Layers. Is it to late? Do I need to keep a heat light on the chicks if they are in the house or garage?  I could use all the info you can dish out. 

Welcome to BYC. Everyone hrre is helpful and awesome. Good rule of thumb is no feathers=needs light. I suggest a brooder box that has enough area they can get away from light as needed. Its never to late to get chickens. ;)

I lost my pond fish :hit Does anybody in the Tucson area have extra mosquito fish or any other small mosquito-eating fish in abundance and willing to share? I have cattails in my pond that are taking over. If you want cattails, you can have some! They used more water in the pond than I realized and the pond went dry, hence the loss of my fish. Tons of mosquito larvae out there now, I need fish ASAP! Would rather have the fish than use mosquito dunks.

Can I plant in my duck run?

Back
Top Bottom