Arizona Chickens

I could see you acting silly, because you were so scared!
They don't sting you if you j u st let the say HI!!. If it be starts to crawl around on you, Their smelling you and then they fly off. It's once you start hitting them and trying to kill them they come & attack.
X2. A sting by a carpenter bee is very very rare, even when provoked. Speaking of bees, they seem to have found the blossoms on all my fruit trees.
smile.png
I even viewed an africanized one on the hood pear.

I could see you acting silly, because you were so scared!
They don't sting you if you j u st let the say HI!!. If it be starts to crawl around on you, Their smelling you and then they fly off. It's once you start hitting them and trying to kill them they come & attack.

We've had issues with bees. I went down to my carpentry shop one day and the whole thing, about 1200 sq. feet, was filled with swarming bees. I just about had a heart attack! Especially when one of my dogs trotted in there despite the swarm. I was sure they would sting her to death, but luckily she came running out when I called. A couple weeks later I was out back in my garden in the morning and decided to come in the house for a drink. Within minutes I heard that horrifying buzzing sound and found my back yard filled with swarming bees. When I walked to the screen door the bees landed on that door and covered nearly the whole thing until I couldn't even see out back. I just sat on the edge of my bed, aghast that I had just been out there less than two minutes before that.

Bees have long been my childhood phobia. I've worked hard to break down that fear and do fine when one or just a few are buzzing around, but they seem to like to swarm around me.

Oh...we've had about half a dozen other incidents with bee swarms at our house and business, all in the past couple years. *Shudder* I admire bees, and bee keepers. I know I can never be one of them.

Hi all I am in Kingman Az and have so far sex links, Barred rocks and Cornish getting some copper Marans next week. Would love to find some white Marans they are hard to find. We have shade cloth covering the paddocks and reed fencing on the sides the sun hits

I am allergic to bees. So I admire them from a distance. My son is also sensitive to them. So I'll never be a beekeeper myself. I have seen a lot more bees this year then previous years. Maybe that is because I have so many more plants in my yard than before.

Hi I am so excited
D.gif
I just ordered my brinsea 48 advance incubator and 50 chick eco glow. I have a batch of copper maran eggs arriving in a day or two. Still looking for white Marans if anyone here knows where I can get some eggs or chicks that are white marans message me plz

Hi I am so excited
D.gif
I just ordered my brinsea 48 advance incubator and 50 chick eco glow. I have a batch of copper maran eggs arriving in a day or two. Still looking for white Marans if anyone here knows where I can get some eggs or chicks that are white marans message me plz

Now THAT'S exciting!!! Once you've used that shiny new incubator, please either post or message me your thoughts on it. I may be investing in another bigger incubator in the future and would love to hear your opinions on this one. Happy hatching!

(Sorry...I've no idea where you can find white Marans.)

Back
Top Bottom