Arizona Chickens

Any good BCM breeders in Phx area

None that we know of.. The last few that we bought from was not that dark or that good of a layer.. We are waiting for @desertmarcy next batch..

What breed of duck are they?? Keep us posted on your hatch!!
I don't know. I have been wondering if anybody had any insights into what breed they looked like. I picked up the eggs from a local duck pond that never has any ducklings there but lots of eggs. I made an incubator from an old dehydrator for about 10 bucks (cost of a thermometer) and set them. Out of the 3 that I set 2 of them hatched but I basically had to pull them from the shells due to the lack of humidity, got to get that under control. It's amazing how much they grow in just a week. My week old is so much bigger! My last one hatched on Friday (Peavy) and is now chasing around my week and a half duckling (Kicker). They are super cute and pure energy!
Post up photos when they start to feather out.. I can't believe you got those egg's to hatch..

Hi all been gone for a while had a possible cancer scare but it came out clear. In the mean time have decided to sell off some of my breeds as it is getting to hard to have a full time job and raise this many of them. If you can pass the word around that I have cochins, dark cornish barred rocks, isbars, and blue copper marans those and half of the isbars are small chicks still

Hi all been gone for  a while had a possible cancer scare but it came out clear. In the mean time have decided to sell off some of my breeds as it is getting to hard to have a full time job and raise this many of them. If you can pass the word around that I have cochins, dark cornish barred rocks, isbars, and blue copper marans those and half of the isbars are small chicks still

Glad to see you back on! & glad your doing well!! There is someone on here looking for marans, do the blue coper marans ay dark egg's & what level of darkness are they?

Glad to see you back on! & glad your doing well!! There is someone on here looking for marans, do the blue coper marans ay dark egg's & what level of darkness are they?
Yes they do lay the chocolate colored eggs. As for how dark are they/ The eggs will start out darker during the beginning of the laying cycle then get lighter. They will go dark again when they start layer for the next cycle. I bought these as chicks a week ago so don't have a color for their eggs they are only babies. I had planned on raising some blue copper but my husband's health is not good. I got a promotion which means I won't be home as much to care for them. So need to thin out to make it easier for him while I am at work.
t

Hi all been gone for a while had a possible cancer scare but it came out clear. In the mean time have decided to sell off some of my breeds as it is getting to hard to have a full time job and raise this many of them. If you can pass the word around that I have cochins, dark cornish barred rocks, isbars, and blue copper marans those and half of the isbars are small chicks still
I'm glad the scare turned out to be a false alarm. I know how that goes...very scary!

Remind me again where you are? And how old are your Dark Cornish?

Last edited:
Will anyone have any chicks hatching within a month in southern Tucson that they would be willing to sell?

Back
Top Bottom