Arizona Chickens

The rain slid right past us and this was the view looking towards Lake Pleasant from our neck of the desert.
This cell was about 25 miles NNE and moving pretty quickly.
This is an amazing pic! We got some rain - one real crazy bucket burst but mostly sporadic slow drizzle - which is okay too. Sad we are going to go back to warmer temps! My girls will be sad too, they have loved the cooler weather - not necessarily the rain but definitely the cooler temps.

This is an amazing pic!  We got some rain - one real crazy bucket burst but mostly sporadic slow drizzle - which is okay too.  Sad we are going to go back to warmer temps! My girls will be sad too, they have loved the cooler weather - not necessarily the rain but definitely the cooler temps.  

Thanks, when we looked back your way which is SE of us about 80 miles or so it was looking quite ominous, really dark.
Watching the radar, I was surprised to see it miss us

Hello! Does anyone have Buff Orpington or any Orpington chicks or pullets planned anytime between now & the end of November? I'm in Mesa, but will travel reasonable distance for healthy birds. My son's birthday is next month & I'd like to get him a few. The feed store says they will have a shipment of chicks 4 days before his b-day....but I saw 3 dead in the pen today. Considering they just came in this morning, that doesn't seem like good odds. I think I'd rather go straight to the farm (or backyard) :)

Last edited:
Hello! Does anyone have Buff Orpington or any Orpington chicks or pullets planned anytime between now & the end of November? I'm in Mesa, but will travel reasonable distance for healthy birds. My son's birthday is next month & I'd like to get him a few. The feed store says they will have a shipment of chicks 4 days before his b-day....but I saw 3 dead in the pen today. Considering they just came in this morning, that doesn't seem like good odds. I think I'd rather go straight to the farm (or backyard) :)
I can't help you with the Buff Orpingtons but am wondering if you ever sell your eggs. I'm in Montana at the moment but we're snowbirds and live in Mesa during the winter. I would love to be able to purchase eggs from someone rather than buy them from the store. I also miss seeing chickens when I'm in AZ and would count it as a plus if when I could see yours when I buy eggs (if you have any to sell).

I'm not sure I would buy another Buff Orpington myself. I have one and she's 8 months old. So far her face and comb are not even red yet. She has never shown any interest in the nesting boxes. Her pink comb is getting a little darker now so hopefully she lays before we leave here in November.

I can't help you with the Buff Orpingtons but am wondering if you ever sell your eggs. I'm in Montana at the moment but we're snowbirds and live in Mesa during the winter. I would love to be able to purchase eggs from someone rather than buy them from the store. I also miss seeing chickens when I'm in AZ and would count it as a plus if when I could see yours when I buy eggs (if you have any to sell).

I'm not sure I would buy another Buff Orpington myself. I have one and she's 8 months old. So far her face and comb are not even red yet. She has never shown any interest in the nesting boxes. Her pink comb is getting a little darker now so hopefully she lays before we leave here in November.
I sure do sell eggs! We have a mixed flock, so I give a mix for $3, organic fed. Feel free to Personal message me & I will give you my #. My flock is very friendly & likes visitors :)

The 2 clones sneaking a drink, & Blondie wondering what is going on in there. . I took the screen down, they are having a ball jumping around. . The flock is mesmerized by them.. so fun to watch. They are already scratching around in the dirt. So cute. .

Too cute, we can't wait for one of our ladies to go broody.
What are the 2 birds in the front. Body lines and feathering look a lot like my EE pullet other than the colors being reversed.

Biefelder mix's.. They are the so awesome.. I have not been able to get on as much. Hope to see y'all at the BYC seed exchange.

You & your friend's & family are invited to BYC SEED BOX EXCHANGE
      SAT. OCT 17th 4-6 P.M. The Knight of Pythians 
      1606 East Apache Boulevard
      Please bring your favorite dish to share & your drink.
      We will do the seed exchange & have a kissing booth. Our dog
      Sammy will be giving out kiss's for 50 cent's per kiss. The
      money will go to the Lodge for use of their facility.
      Bring your extra seed's and zip lock baggies to take home some
      seed's for your garden.. 

Here is the information..

The rain slid right past us and this was the view looking towards Lake Pleasant from our neck of the desert. This cell was about 25 miles NNE and moving pretty quickly.
This is an amazing pic! We got some rain - one real crazy bucket burst but mostly sporadic slow drizzle - which is okay too. Sad we are going to go back to warmer temps! My girls will be sad too, they have loved the cooler weather - not necessarily the rain but definitely the cooler temps.
:frow

Back
Top Bottom