Arizona Chickens

Does anyone know what the laws are for selling eggs in Pima County/City Of Tucson?

It is not Pima County or City of Tucson that deals with this, it is the Dept. of Agriculture. Here is the application I copied and pasted. It is free, they just want to have you on file.

ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTRUE
Central Licensing
1688 W. ADAMS
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
(602) 542-6408
Notice of Intent to register as a Nest Run Egg Producer

I am a resident of the State of Arizona producing eggs within the State. I hereby serve notice of intention to sell my production of eggs as “nest run” eggs until such time I change my operation or exceed the exemption of 25 cases (750 dozens) per calendar year. I understand the ARS 3-715 E requires me to notify the Department of Agriculture within 5 days of eggs sales that exceed 25 cases (750 dozens) per year.
I understand that “nest run” means eggs that are unwashed and ungraded as to quality and size, and that containers of such eggs when sold to retailers shall be clearly marked “NEST RUN”. An invoice or egg purchase ticket showing the date, the quantity of “nest run eggs” and the name and the address of the retailer buying and the person selling the eggs shall be left with the retailer. A copy of the invoice shall be open to inspection by the Department at all reasonable times.
I also understand that the reuse of any cartons for eggs which bears a name, a trade mark, or a trade name, except where the user is entitled to use the name, trade mark or trade name, is PROHIBITED and the words “FRESH” or “LOCAL’ SHALL NOT BE USED TO ADVERTISE OT SELL THE “nest run eggs”.

At the present time I own or have in my possession_______hens. I plan to market to Retailers ( )
Consumers ( ) in the general area of _______________________.

Signature______________________________________Date__________________

Please type or print complete name and address
Name:_______________________________________________
Address:______________________________________________________________________
Phone No.____________________________________________
If this is a rural address, please provide directions for locating.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, Knock on wood, I will be adding 3 new egg laying adult hens to my flock this summer, 2 Mottled Javas, and an Ameraucana.

Is there anything I should consider in this? I have 6 adult chickens, 5 standard and 1 bantam, and 2 adolescent teen chickens, standard size.

Is there any threat of the new hens and current hens fighting, or the new hens harming the teens? (Lol, teens cuz there's really no other word) Is there anything I should consider? Separation for a short period of time? Feed change weaning?

So, Knock on wood, I will be adding 3 new egg laying adult hens to my flock this summer, 2 Mottled Javas, and an Ameraucana. 

Is there anything I should consider in this? I have 6 adult chickens, 5 standard and 1 bantam, and 2 adolescent teen chickens, standard size. 

Is there any threat of the new hens and current hens fighting, or the new hens harming the teens? (Lol, teens cuz there's really no other word)  Is there anything I should consider? Separation for a short period of time? Feed change weaning? 

Do you have a small dog crate? That is what I use to introduce new hen's to the flock. It gives them interaction, but, the crate seppetates them from having any "serious" fights. And they will fight, but just to establish the "pecking order".

Is there any threat of the new hens and current hens fighting, or the new hens harming the teens? (Lol, teens cuz there's really no other word) Is there anything I should consider? Separation for a short period of time? Feed change weaning?

As a general rule, I don't introduce "teenager girls" to the adult flock until they're at least 14 weeks old. Even then there are sometime issues, but at least they're large enough at the point to avoid being injured badly while the pecking order is established.

Back
Top Bottom