Arizona Chickens

Boy, is it hot out there! I tried to get out there to the coop to empty out the water tub's and bowls and put clean water for the flock, and filled in some of the holes they dug to dust bathe in. It took me two trip's, as I was sweating and had to come back in the house to re-hydrate and cool off. I got it done, though.

How is everyone else doing?

Boy, is it hot out there! I tried to get out there to the coop to empty out the water tub's and bowls and put clean water for the flock, and filled in some of the holes they dug to dust bathe in. It took me two trip's, as I was sweating and had to come back in the house to re-hydrate and cool off. I got it done, though.

I've been out in the coop as well, I'm with you, it's to bloody hot out there for much, the run extension is done for Charlie and the harem to have more room. The main flock is confused..lol, they can't seem to understand why it is that they can't get to the original gate now. you might want to get you a small cooler to take with you for water, I have a small cooler bag that will hold 6 bottles of water with three bottles of frozen water, either small Gatorade's or water bottles. Keeps things cool and I've got water with me at all times. Ended up having to take the egg out last night that had the hole in it. lifted the lid to candle and it had a off smell, so it came out, I am willing to bet that I have one that isn't fertile. The rest (4 of them) are doing well, getting lots of veining.

I'm sitting here thinking about what I'm going to do with these chicks! It's too hot to move them outside so I'll have to set up a larger brooder inside. Will clean it up after work and get a tarp for the floor today. Probably move the big girls tomorrow. They need more space to run around and the tinys need a chance to catch up.

I've been out in the coop as well, I'm with you, it's to bloody hot out there for much, the run extension is done for Charlie and the harem to have more room. The main flock is confused..lol, they can't seem to understand why it is that they can't get to the original gate now. you might want to get you a small cooler to take with you for water, I have a small cooler bag that will hold 6 bottles of water with three bottles of frozen water, either small Gatorade's or water bottles. Keeps things cool and I've got water with me at all times. Ended up having to take the egg out last night that had the hole in it. lifted the lid to candle and it had a off smell, so it came out, I am willing to bet that I have one that isn't fertile. The rest (4 of them) are doing well, getting lots of veining.

I got it all done anyway's, and I do have cold bottles of spring water in the fridge. @rghowell just left here a few minutes ago with 2 of the silkies.

I turned the misters on, it cooled it down quite a bit.. 2 broody duck’s.. Itossed them into the water.. off they went back to the nest, silly girl’s.

Back
Top Bottom