Arizona Chickens

I wrote down your guess. Who said that I was going to make you take another roo? You would only get one if you wanted one to run another unrelated NN line or to eat. :gig
:lau, thought that was the prize for getting it right..lol, my need for a un-related roo is way down the line.. I've got a lot of weeding out of the un-needed chickens I have now.

:lau, thought that was the prize for getting it right..lol, my need for a un-related roo is way down the line.. I've got a lot of weeding out of the un-needed chickens I have now.

Get that freezer filled up. @igorsMistress mentioned a nice brine that she used in another thread, but maybe she will share it here also.

:frow Good Morning, how is everyone this AM, question for all of you who breed, I understand why you x-breed, color, size etc.. but how do you pull it off? right now mine are a bunch of mixed up kids..lol, but I have a couple of related bow ties, if I were to want some more of that, how would I go about it? would I have to have a separate coop for them? Some time around the 1st of the year, I am going to look at hatching Charlie's (Thank you @ BlueBaby) and one of the girls that I bought for his harem. They are black and brown/red maybe. I've told the hubby, that if we are to build another coop/run, I want to go with the dog pen (?) idea, metal poles vs wooden. I think they'd be less work and I think cheaper over all. I will have to admit to wanting to add silkie's to the mix just for their habit of going broody.

Morning from us here on the city farm homestead. The moringa trees planted last year for the flock have really taken off.. The spoiled brats have also been getting the grapes leaves.. Anyone keep other animals in your run with your flock like rabbits or pigs?
C3A18AC7-0B10-42DC-85D9-B3184F78F5EC.jpeg
3517BE41-0F9E-4FA9-98A4-1DB4C1606BBB.jpeg
C3A18AC7-0B10-42DC-85D9-B3184F78F5EC.jpeg
3517BE41-0F9E-4FA9-98A4-1DB4C1606BBB.jpeg

:frow Good Morning, how is everyone this AM, question for all of you who breed, I understand why you x-breed, color, size etc.. but how do you pull it off? right now mine are a bunch of mixed up kids..lol, but I have a couple of related bow ties, if I were to want some more of that, how would I go about it? would I have to have a separate coop for them? Some time around the 1st of the year, I am going to look at hatching Charlie's (Thank you @ BlueBaby) and one of the girls that I bought for his harem. They are black and brown/red maybe. I've told the hubby, that if we are to build another coop/run, I want to go with the dog pen (?) idea, metal poles vs wooden. I think they'd be less work and I think cheaper over all. I will have to admit to wanting to add silkie's to the mix just for their habit of going broody.

If you are trying to work toward's less neck feathering on the Naked Neck's, you would take unrelated male and females that both have the lesser neck feather's and breed them together. If you breed a Naked Neck to any fully feathered neck breed, some of the chick's will have fully feathered necks, and some will have the big bib's.

Yep, you'll need a separate pen. And hens can hold sperm for anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months, so you'll want to pen off the ones you want to breed at least a month ahead of time before collecting fertile eggs.

Back
Top Bottom