Arizona Chickens

B5C887D9-7298-4D6A-8848-D2B0A6769359.jpeg
8A01E678-2FDE-4870-B278-526987BC8351.jpeg
I have my first egg!! Petunia (EE/PR) sang loud and clear and I went to check the nests. She laid it in the coop under the nests.
Now if the 2 polish pullets would start laying. They are 10 days older than Petunia.

Just picked up these two boys today. Backstory: I had sold some hatching eggs from the Bresse line I used to have to this guy down in Willcox back in the spring of 2018, and he's been keeping me updated on his breeding projects ever since then.
The white boy with red leakage is a cross of those Bresse with Red Broiler, hatched just last spring. The red boy is his father, full red broiler. Can't remember which hatchery he said the red broilers came from, it could be The Chick Hatchery as he said that's where he's getting his fast growing cornish crosses from.
The white Naked Neck rooster on the other side of the fencing is my main Bresse/NN boy. He's been posturing and crowing nonstop since these boys arrived... haha!
20191112_150259.jpg
20191112_150231.jpg
20191112_150433.jpg
20191112_150205.jpg

Just picked up these two boys today. Backstory: I had sold some hatching eggs from the Bresse line I used to have to this guy down in Willcox back in the spring of 2018, and he's been keeping me updated on his breeding projects ever since then.
The white boy with red leakage is a cross of those Bresse with Red Broiler, hatched just last spring. The red boy is his father, full red broiler. Can't remember which hatchery he said the red broilers came from, it could be The Chick Hatchery as he said that's where he's getting his fast growing cornish crosses from.
The white Naked Neck rooster on the other side of the fencing is my main Bresse/NN boy. He's been posturing and crowing nonstop since these boys arrived... haha!
View attachment 1957919 View attachment 1957921 View attachment 1957934 View attachment 1957939

Those are some handsome boys!

@City farm Hello! Nice to see you popping in here again! Nice picture's that you have shared! I hope that you have been enjoying this cooler weather.
Hello, lost my password paper. Just reset. Yes loving this weather. All the chickens are molting so no eggs now but soon. The garden is loving the longer summer weather..

We were late getting out to the coop to collect eggs today and the chickens had already roosted. My husband opened the nest box to retrieve the eggs and jumped back in surprise...apparently Lady the white leghorn has been sleeping in the nest box! She’s not broody, just much more comfortable there than on the roost with the others :p Silly hen. She woke up and jumped out, walked around for a bit, then hopped back in and went back to sleep. Maybe that’s her way of making sure she gets the preferred box to lay in when morning comes.
Same here, I don’t like it since the go pooo at night. Makes for more work for me..

Back
Top Bottom