Arizona Chickens

Oh, its coming! 🤣🤣🤣 ive also been doing my parrot training for potty training.. just saying "poop" just before they poop so they can make the association.. so next ill see if i can prompt them. I had all 4 out for about 30 mins this morning, and only 1 poop.. so they might be saving it for inside the run. Ill have to work more on it. I can tell more easily with the D'Uccles, i can't really tell when the silkies fluff up.
I potty trained Dylan that way, she would always come out of her cage and go out on the door and poop. So, I would be ready with the treat when she always pooped, "Go Poop" as treat is given as soon as the poop happens! She almost potty trained her self. She was 23 when I got her, parrots are not like dogs, they are always learning. (And training their owners to give them treats)!:)

I potty trained Dylan that way, she would always come out of her cage and go out on the door and poop. So, I would be ready with the treat when she always pooped, "Go Poop" as treat is given as soon as the poop happens! She almost potty trained her self. She was 23 when I got her, parrots are not like dogs, they are always learning. (And training their owners to give them treats)!:)
I've only been successful with the cockatoo... the other parrots refused.. but understood.. just did not want to play! I don't think the silkies will be a success.. they really don't pay attention 😂

I just bought an enclosed kitty litter box.. I already had some sand that I washed at least 5 times, so much dust (its gone now), and then I had some organic raised garden bed soil. It says it has a breakdown of insects, meal worms, and chicken droppings.. argh.. but I guess that is as natural as it is going to get. But.. then I wonder if I need to give them corid.. or would any chicken poop parasites have broken down in the composting process. It is all baking in 367 degrees outside to dry out at the moment. I have some rosemary, basil, and oregano to add to it. I could go grab some rose petals (if there are any left). Let's see if this experiment works, or creates a monsoon in the family room!

I've only been successful with the cockatoo... the other parrots refused.. but understood.. just did not want to play! I don't think the silkies will be a success.. they really don't pay attention 😂

I just bought an enclosed kitty litter box.. I already had some sand that I washed at least 5 times, so much dust (its gone now), and then I had some organic raised garden bed soil. It says it has a breakdown of insects, meal worms, and chicken droppings.. argh.. but I guess that is as natural as it is going to get. But.. then I wonder if I need to give them corid.. or would any chicken poop parasites have broken down in the composting process. It is all baking in 367 degrees outside to dry out at the moment. I have some rosemary, basil, and oregano to add to it. I could go grab some rose petals (if there are any left). Let's see if this experiment works, or creates a monsoon in the family room!
Unless it smells bad, you could bake it in your car. In the desert a car is better than an oven! I used to put my kids toys and blankets into the car for a weekend to kill head lice. Works better than the crap they sell in the store! Once a week to be sure to kill all the hatches, kills any insects, germs & whatever!

Unless it smells bad, you could bake it in your car. In the desert a car is better than an oven! I used to put my kids toys and blankets into the car for a weekend to kill head lice. Works better than the crap they sell in the store! Once a week to be sure to kill all the hatches, kills any insects, germs & whatever!
Actually that is a good idea. I did foster care, and they recommended putting the kids belongings in a large clear plastic bag and leave it in the sun, creates a green house effect, killing bed bugs and lice and whatever other critters might hop along. I park in the garage, so my car won't bake as high as it would otherwise.

Going outside to mix the mix so it can properly bake!

Actually that is a good idea. I did foster care, and they recommended putting the kids belongings in a large clear plastic bag and leave it in the sun, creates a green house effect, killing bed bugs and lice and whatever other critters might hop along. I park in the garage, so my car won't bake as high as it would otherwise.

Going outside to mix the mix so it can properly bake!
I had an old car, just parking it on the curb was not a problem!

Oh yes, totally... even do a good quality print of the image and frame it!

A couple of week's ago or so, a BYC member that lives in Colorado sent me a pair of Naked Neck earring's that she had beaded for me. She used a picture of one of mine in my albumb here at the site. The one the I call the Cowgirl was her model for them. :love

Back
Top Bottom