Arizona Chickens

If you get more hen's try a few of the standard sized hen's. It ought to be a blast watching those 2 batam boy's trying to breed them. Hey George, did you bring a ladder? :lau
HA! No ladder is necessary. You should have seen the huge Buff Orpington I had squatting for the little Sultan rooster! He just climbed aboard and did his thing! :jumpy Resulting cute chicks were 7/10 roosters just like him! :rant

Oh my roses do well.. i think people over fertilize and water them. Less is more with them. My desert apple tree is not looking good.. itll bounce back.. my tangerine tree is looking sad. My hong kong orchid tree is singing along! But i have grapes and passion fruit, strawberry guava, tomatoes.. everything that usually is fine is not today.
Ah so you're watering crops and such! Yes, those definitely need extra water. I'm turning on the sprinkler today for my xeriscape garden.

Good Morning, sitting here looking at the clock and at the thermometer, trying my best to convince myself to get up and get moving now, get this out of the way..lol, have a wonderful day :)

We're in the same boat! I'm trying to convince myself to just get it done. You have a great day too!
It never really cooled down here last night! Low of 61 is pretty warm for us. Still supposed to get up to 95 today. Be jealous all you guys in the desert :D -- it is still hot for Prescott!
You KNOW we're jealous!

Cleaning day is done. Good riddance. I can't even blame the chickens. Its the stupid Arizona dust that will be back in 2 days. I ordered a super duper air purifier.. but wanted to change my AC filters before i clogged that one up w the recirculating nasty dust. BUT I am tired.

However, this time around when I changed out the litter (I use pine horse pellets expanded with water), I added the nice herbal medley that I made yesterday for their dust bath. I got a lot more rosemary from my plant outside, then basil and oregano. No more rose petals available, unfortunately. I ground it up in the mortar (actually a molcajete) and then sprinkled that on the top of all the bedding when I was done. The whole house smells so nice! So that will be my new thing I do. The chicks seem to really like it too, they try to pick at the little spices, and seem more relaxed.
Where do you get Pine horse pellets? The things we do for our flock.

Where do you get Pine horse pellets? The things we do for our flock.
I get them from tractor supply. A 40 lb bag costs like $8, and since im expanding them before i use them, it doubles the litter amount. One gallon pitcher (filled halfway w pellets, then water) will give me all the litter i need for the three trays and a little extra in case i want to clean out an area befoee the next full cleaning. As soon as im done w the parrots current litter, ill switch her over to this same stuff. Much cleaner.

Back
Top Bottom